Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Land Rover Disco SE

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011 | 01:16 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by penberthy
So I went to take the Rover for a test drive. Started it up and it has the three amigos. The place selling it says that they have an appointment with Land Rover Amherst on Monday to have that looked at.

Seems like it might have an oil leak from somewhere. The valve cover on the passenger side seems like it might have been "cleaned" up. But several of the cross bars underneath the truck looked "wiped" off. I touched them with my finger, and some oil rubbed off.

Underneath is pretty clean. Definitely no rust like on a typical Buffalo truck.

Driver's side rear trim piece is cracked, he said that he would need to replace that. In the engine bay, the cover over the windshield wiper fluid was missing. He said that it will get replaced on Monday.

There are a few minor blemishes in the paint here and there. Overall, not bad (IMHO) for a 7 year old truck.

Interior wise, the truck was in good shape. Some wear on the leather, but no rips. The climate control was in celsuis, not farenheit. So that would need to get switched.

Diff lock engaged, but when I went to disengage it, the light on the dash didn't go out. The guy said to disengage it, and then back up. This fixed it, the dash light went out. Is this normal?

The other thing I noticed was that every know and then the oil light came on and went off. Not sure what that was, but he said they did and oil change on it. Perhaps they didn't put enough in?

He said that he would give me a call next week once they got it back from Land Rover. I asked him to have LR pull a service history since he will have the truck there. So hopefully that will show how well it was serviced.

The truck rode nice, no rattles and felt very solid.
Sounds like a normal rover.

Old 04-28-2011 | 08:36 PM
|
6th Gear
Default I agree with you.

Originally Posted by Disconoobie
Agree 1000%...if it were me I'd walk away right now...from the problems it has it doesn't sound like it's been well taken care of...oil light flickers on Discos scare the crap out of me.
I think you are right. After getting the closer look at it last Saturday, I agree. It doesn't seem like it was maintained very well. I will keep looking around.

Old 04-29-2011 | 07:23 AM
Winching

Walk away with that oil light flikering. Esp at that price. The seller is blowing smoke up your ***. Read like he kept telling you he would fix this and that, but you know he won't....at that price he at least needs to get the 3 amigos off though...wow....

You got some good experience looking at it though and driving it for sure.

Now you having something to benchmark with when shopping for other ones.