Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Land Rover Discovery – Heavy Smokes

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Land Rover Discovery – Heavy Smokes

Yesterday, Saturday June 19, 2010, nearly eight (8) days after picking up the truck from the dealership for repairs, I turned it on and the engine began to vibrate and make a strident knocking noise. And suddenly, I noticed a huge quantity of grayish heavy smokes coming out from under the hood with a strange burning odor. At this point, I immediately switched it off. After 2 to3 hours, I went back to the car to visually inspect what might have caused the problem. Except the intense burning odor, I could not see nor detect any physical abnormalities. Of course, the car would not start up. It does not even crank.

Since the Head Gasket repairs, I have been back and forth to the dealership. At this point, what should I do? It seems to me that the car is seriously damaged.

Thnaks!

Old 06-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Take it back to the dealer that did the work, they messed something up and it is under warranty.
When a dealer works on your car you get a warranty.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default spikes right

Spike is right....you can add a little anger when you get it back there and just for fun ask for the service manager and ask him WTF did you do to my truck... Just to see the look on his face and the stupid response he give you...make sure you also get a free loaner truck ... If they go for the loaner truck take it and beat the living crap out of it while you have it.....

looks like you are about to start a heavy drinking habit...

keep us updated... Chris

Old 06-20-2010, 07:18 PM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronguiteau

Yesterday, Saturday June 19, 2010, nearly eight (8) days after picking up the truck from the dealership for repairs, I turned it on and the engine began to vibrate and make a strident knocking noise. And suddenly, I noticed a huge quantity of grayish heavy smokes coming out from under the hood with a strange burning odor. At this point, I immediately switched it off. After 2 to3 hours, I went back to the car to visually inspect what might have caused the problem. Except the intense burning odor, I could not see nor detect any physical abnormalities. Of course, the car would not start up. It does not even crank.

Since the Head Gasket repairs, I have been back and forth to the dealership. At this point, what should I do? It seems to me that the car is seriously damaged.

Thnaks!
Sorry to tell you but the dealer is the worst place to take your Land Rover in for repair, no lie. Not only are they ridiculously expensive but they never fix anything the first time and most of the time they mess up something else, don't ask me how I know. It has gotten to the point where if I cannot fix it myself I take it to an indy mechanic. The only reason that I continued taking it to the dealer was because the truck had an extended warranty, if not I would have stopped going after the first repair.