Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 3 amigos came calling this morning

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The 3 amigos came calling this morning

Ok, wouldnt you know, yesterday I asked what the 3 amigos were and today they showed up!! is that Murphy's law or what?! So what do I do now and how bad is it?

Old 06-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Winching

you can either go to the Dealer and have them investigate or go to an indy LR Mechanic and have him read your ABS codes, providing that he has the software...
As to how bad it is, well that would depend on what the codes are, but it wont hurt your truck to run it with the 3 Amigos.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Three Wheeling

Thanks, that was my biggest concern if I could drive it. Nothing feels any different and when I shut the engine off and restarted, the lights were gone. They came on when I was coming to a stop on a slope so who knows. I know the breaks need to be bled. Maybe that had something to do with it. I will get the codes pulled and see what they say

Old 06-27-2009, 12:07 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Over the past 8 months my "three amigos have come on 3 times and have automatically reset themselves upon re-starting the truck.

I know I'm about due for pads, and have begun to notice a little squeak. I'm going to order a set of pads from AB and put them on next weekend, as I begin the rest of the 60k service...

Old 06-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco_Fever
Over the past 8 months my "three amigos have come on 3 times and have automatically reset themselves upon re-starting the truck.

I know I'm about due for pads, and have begun to notice a little squeak. I'm going to order a set of pads from AB and put them on next weekend, as I begin the rest of the 60k service...
Your lights keep coming on because you haven't set a fault yet. Are your brakes squeaking, if so, that will be what your problem is. Use lots of sound deadening spray and do a 3 pint of DOT 4 brake bleed and hopefully you'll be OK.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by tastandish
Ok, wouldnt you know, yesterday I asked what the 3 amigos were and today they showed up!! is that Murphy's law or what?! So what do I do now and how bad is it?
So, have your brakes been squeaking, if you throw a panic stop from 30 MPH on loose surface, can you feel the ABS pulsate thru the brake pedal?

Old 06-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Three Wheeling

No squeek at all...havent tried a panic stop yet but I will and see what happens. I do know the brakes need to be bled. They go pretty low and with a pump or two they come right up and hold. I also feel a little pull in the front end when I hit them...sounds like air in the lines right?

Old 06-27-2009, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Well, you have answered your on questions.
How mechanical are you, sounds like a front caliper may be failing and you need brakes. Expensive if you let someone do it.

Old 06-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Three Wheeling

Thats pretty much what I thought but I wanted to see what you thought. Always good to get the full perspective before I go throw a wrench on it. Sounds like AB will become my new best friend with all the new parts I am going to be buying. Do you know if any of the good parts store chains carry Rover parts?...Napa maybe?

Old 06-27-2009, 06:58 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tastandish
Nah, Murphy's law takes a back seat to Rover engineering. Some of the stuff Rover engineers came up with make Murphy look like an optimist.

Quick Reply: The 3 amigos came calling this morning