Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   3rd row seats (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/3rd-row-seats-57561/)

djbackpain 03-13-2013 06:13 PM

3rd row seats

Getting rid of disco 1 and looking at disco IIs....i need 3rd row seats and I see some of them have them and some don't. My question is do they all have brackets for the rear seats so I could buy one with just front and back seats and pick up a set on ebay for the 3rd row and add them later?

NickAdams 03-13-2013 07:05 PM

I think not. I've seen some posts that suggest it is a difficult and costly process. I do not not have first hand experience (i.e, I never attempted to do this myself) but I believe you should be looking for a "SE7"

djbackpain 03-13-2013 07:07 PM

Ok, I thought maybe the were all made the same from the factory and the seats were an option.

Thanks

Lupin 3rd 03-13-2013 08:53 PM

Just took out the left jumper seat so I could use the space. It was held in place by 4 bolts on the side and a locking mechanism (sort of a hook) on the bottom.

Then there's the seatbelt, which is what I would be really concerned about given insurance liability and what not... So I would just say, get one with 3rd row seats or don't bother.

acamato 03-13-2013 10:25 PM

All the mounting points are there. You need all the parts. There are lot of them

The land rover topix site has the instructions (STC50446-586 - Occasional Seats) .

Here is the direct link: TOPIx - TOPIx

If it doesn't work, go to: TOPIx - TOPIx
- select Discovery II and your year click find
- click on the "owner" header
- click on "Accessory Fitting Instructions"
- then "interior"
- then "STC50446-586 - Occasional Seats"

robersonb 03-13-2013 11:13 PM

Look up Paul Grant. He is a runs a salvage and has the best prices and can tell you all about them as he has been doing it for years. I have a 2000 DII and as soon as I can afford it, I am getting them from him. Yes they will go in the regular however, a lot of the trim has to be changed as well. When Paul sells you one, it will come with everything you need and that is very important.

He is on this forum or you can contact him directly at classicroverparts@gmail.com

aguison 03-14-2013 12:57 PM

I have an SE7. Let me know if you need me to take some pics.

The parts you will need are the two folding 3rd row seats, seatbelts, and the neck restraints which are attached to the roof of the vehicle which you fold down when you have passengers on the 3rd row seats.

Al

P.S. The seats rattle at times, there is a service bulletin for fixing them - make sure you do this otherwise you will be disappointed.

ZGPhoto 03-14-2013 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lupin 3rd (Post 384916)
Just took out the left jumper seat so I could use the space. It was held in place by 4 bolts on the side and a locking mechanism (sort of a hook) on the bottom.

Then there's the seatbelt, which is what I would be really concerned about given insurance liability and what not... So I would just say, get one with 3rd row seats or don't bother.

What color was your left jumper seat?

Dan7 03-14-2013 06:48 PM

Yes it can be done. Yes it is a LOT of parts (installing ceiling-mount head rests, welding in floor clips, replacing side molding...). It's about a $2K job and it still won't have the rear AC ducts or stereo controls like a true SE/HSE-7. Having said that, DON'T DO IT! No one can convince me that if you get in a wreck, that insurance will have no problems should someone from the back seat get hurt. There are federal requirements manufacturers must meet and test for such options and you won't be able to proove that you've met them. I know it's an unlikely scenario, but it could ruin your life.

Lupin 3rd 03-15-2013 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto (Post 385068)
What color was your left jumper seat?

Sand or something like that. I can check if you need the exact name.