Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3rd row seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 06:13 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd row seats

Getting rid of disco 1 and looking at disco IIs....i need 3rd row seats and I see some of them have them and some don't. My question is do they all have brackets for the rear seats so I could buy one with just front and back seats and pick up a set on ebay for the 3rd row and add them later?

Old 03-13-2013, 07:05 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I think not. I've seen some posts that suggest it is a difficult and costly process. I do not not have first hand experience (i.e, I never attempted to do this myself) but I believe you should be looking for a "SE7"

Old 03-13-2013, 07:07 PM
2nd Gear

Ok, I thought maybe the were all made the same from the factory and the seats were an option.

Thanks

Old 03-13-2013, 08:53 PM
Drifting

Just took out the left jumper seat so I could use the space. It was held in place by 4 bolts on the side and a locking mechanism (sort of a hook) on the bottom.

Then there's the seatbelt, which is what I would be really concerned about given insurance liability and what not... So I would just say, get one with 3rd row seats or don't bother.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:25 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

All the mounting points are there. You need all the parts. There are lot of them

The land rover topix site has the instructions (STC50446-586 - Occasional Seats) .

Here is the direct link: TOPIx - TOPIx

If it doesn't work, go to: TOPIx - TOPIx
- select Discovery II and your year click find
- click on the "owner" header
- click on "Accessory Fitting Instructions"
- then "interior"
- then "STC50446-586 - Occasional Seats"

Old 03-13-2013, 11:13 PM
Rock Crawling

Look up Paul Grant. He is a runs a salvage and has the best prices and can tell you all about them as he has been doing it for years. I have a 2000 DII and as soon as I can afford it, I am getting them from him. Yes they will go in the regular however, a lot of the trim has to be changed as well. When Paul sells you one, it will come with everything you need and that is very important.

He is on this forum or you can contact him directly at classicroverparts@gmail.com

Old 03-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have an SE7. Let me know if you need me to take some pics.

The parts you will need are the two folding 3rd row seats, seatbelts, and the neck restraints which are attached to the roof of the vehicle which you fold down when you have passengers on the 3rd row seats.

Al

P.S. The seats rattle at times, there is a service bulletin for fixing them - make sure you do this otherwise you will be disappointed.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Lupin 3rd
Just took out the left jumper seat so I could use the space. It was held in place by 4 bolts on the side and a locking mechanism (sort of a hook) on the bottom.

Then there's the seatbelt, which is what I would be really concerned about given insurance liability and what not... So I would just say, get one with 3rd row seats or don't bother.
What color was your left jumper seat?

Old 03-14-2013, 06:48 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes it can be done. Yes it is a LOT of parts (installing ceiling-mount head rests, welding in floor clips, replacing side molding...). It's about a $2K job and it still won't have the rear AC ducts or stereo controls like a true SE/HSE-7. Having said that, DON'T DO IT! No one can convince me that if you get in a wreck, that insurance will have no problems should someone from the back seat get hurt. There are federal requirements manufacturers must meet and test for such options and you won't be able to proove that you've met them. I know it's an unlikely scenario, but it could ruin your life.

Old 03-15-2013, 05:51 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
What color was your left jumper seat?
Sand or something like that. I can check if you need the exact name.

Quick Reply: 3rd row seats