Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 disco 2, ac con troll went dead.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 10:44 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 disco 2, ac con troll went dead.

Was working fine then went dead, nopower on.

Fuses not blown, no 6 or 7 fuse in car, but spot they go has power. Looks like jumper trick done infuse box, a tan with red stripe wire is connected to a yellow with green stripe tied to a wire jumper with inline fuse connected to male spadeterminal on bottomm right of fuse box.

Under hood fuses good too. But the jumper setup is not hot. I test the tan/red and yellow/green, nothing. Iput a fuse in 6 and 7, nothing happens.

It all happened instantly, no signs.

How am i sure control unit? But seems like that jumper patch should be hot for ac to work?

Old 12-29-2012, 12:36 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the fuse links under the hood seem ok, the 100amp one has just a thin strip of copper inside of it left, but test lights up when testing. Both small brown w/pink stripe wires in the 5 wire plug off main fuse panel under hood test for voltage (hot). The brown/orange wire big one, tests ot, but the brown with few red spots on it wont light the test light up.

all fuses under hood good.

fuse panel inside car, 6, 7 do not have fuses in them, I assume someone patched box before as there is a jumper behind it, that is tied to yellow/green and tan(brown)/red, then has a fuse and then connects to opposite side bottom spade connector on front of box.

BUT, like said above, that jumper has no power. and fuse 31 Has no power. Should I run a jumper to before the connection of the yellow/green and brown/red wires? in essence make a 12 volt supply to those two, who in turn jump over the bad board issue ?

OR am I an idiot and the fact that fuse space 6 and 7 have power now mean something I am overlooking? I thought people did the jumper if those spaces did not have power?

RIght now the only ac related fuse with no power coming to it (fuse or terminal in block) is 31. I thought of jumping something directly to it just to see if ac controller would come on?

some say bad controller, but doesn't power come from fuse box first to controller, not vice versa?

Old 12-29-2012, 09:10 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

Just had some fuse issues. Don't remember but the fuses have multiple circuits intergrated. If I remember correctly, ac and front and rear defrosters are on the same circuit. Also, pull the ac control unit and check for power and ground at the connector.