Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 disco II sls

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 09:01 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 disco II sls

Well i was wondering what would be the best offroad option for the long term to keep the sls or opt for the conversion? SLS is not currently operating! I would like too keep the sls but havent had time too look at it and see why is isnt working. Just wondering what everyone thinks. Thanks

Old 06-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: 99 disco II sls

Spring converstion, you will never have the SLS problem again, you can buy a lift kit, HD springs, and you will never be on a trail riding on the bump stops 100 miles from home.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:50 PM
Overlanding

Oh my Gawd do the conversion if you like to wheel far from home!!!!

I just crawl for over 3 hours at about 2-4kmh to get home yesterday..... if it happened earlier in my trip I would have needed to abandon the Disco.... far too nasty to get out of there on bump stops and towing would have been a nightmare.

Ordered my conversion kit this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-01-2008, 08:20 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

If you are used to the system, keep it, there is a huge difference in the ride if you switch to coils and, you will need to replace the front coils and shocks also or have too uneven a height issue.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Overlanding

When I ordered them I asked if they would sell the kit with out the coils so I could buy a set of 4 Old Man Emu coils, but they said no of course.

$240.00 they charged me.... bit steep if ya ask me. The last set of lifted coils I bought from OME were 68 bucks for two for my Vitara.

Ill install mine when I get them in about a week then I will post up some pictures and measurements. I want a two inch lift in my truck so I guess how ever these new coils site ride hight wise will determine my next step.

Ill be thorough too...I'll even ramp the truck before and after to check the flex. My truck re-inflated the next day.....maybe its an old compressor that got hot or something, but in anycase.........its gone be removed!

For a gazzilion years I've driven trucks with coils or leafs with out a problem.....these airbags and compressors have left a bad taste in my mouth. The day before my deflation I drove through a bit of a mud pit on a trail....front tire drove over a 4-5 foot long branch hidden in the mud and stood it up driving it clean through the 'protective' mud flap in front of my left airbag.......it stopped 2 inches from the airbag..... if I didn't notice the branch it would have gone clean through