Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to be for sale!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to be for sale!

All,

I am about to sell my 2001 D2. I recently replaced the head gaskets, water pump, thermostat, wires, and plugs. We also gave everything a good cleaning while we had it apart.

It does have the 3 amigos, needs brakes, and the rear air suspension pump won't kick in, which I'm told is related to one of the other two issues.

I went ahead and pulled the ABS modulator out, and when I pulled off the SVS, it was coated with brake fluid, which tells me that the seals need replaced. Hopefully this will fix the amigos, and a quick brake job can fix that. I wasn't really concerened if that fixed the air suspension, as I was planning on going to springs anyway.

I LOVE this Rover, despite the fact that I haven't been able to enjoy it much. It wouldn't take much to get this on the road with all of the regular LR issues behind it.

I am about to move out of state, and trying to get everything squared away for that, and just don't have the time to finish it. Therefore, I am prepared to take a BIG loss on it. The only problem is tha that you'll have to get it towed out, as the ABS modulator is out and the brakes don't need to be driven on. I could put the ABS back on and you you could risk driving on the brakes, but that is your call.

I'm going to let it go for $4000. Here is a good chance to get a sweet Rover for a good price, and have the expensive repairs behind you.

Anybody interested? Pics to follow.

Thanks!

Old 12-21-2011, 03:58 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Post some more details and some pictures in the Classifieds section and I'm sure you'll get some hits. Good luck with the sale, sucks you have to get rid of it.

Are you moving to a communist state where they do not allow Land Rovers?