Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 09:36 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Question

I just completed the step by step Amigo's fix, and followed it to the letter. Got in, started the truck and still lit up!

Should the lights have gone out on their own, or is there some kind of reset that I need to do?

Old 02-21-2011, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

If it's the code for the shuttle valve switch, they go away on their own. What code are you getting now?

Old 02-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Drifting

Haven't checked it. I don't have an Amigo to test it.

I went ahead and did the fix, since it seems that virtually every Discovery II on the road with the Amigos has the same problem.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 105 Likes on 12 Posts

Sadly it wasn't your ONLY problem. It MAY have been ONE but it WASN'T the only one.

That it why I specifically state that you need to get the codes read. I mean, there isn't anything wrong in doing the repair without getting the codes read. BUT you shouldn't be disappointed if you DIDN'T get the codes read and still had the lights on after wards.

Get the code read and let us know what you got.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator
Received 105 Likes on 12 Posts

Remember, the only way one could remotely think it is the SVS fault and hope my write up will help is if the amigos come on intermittently. If they are always on, THIS fix WON'T fix it. Were yours always on?

Old 02-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Drifting

Mine were coming on intermittently, but finally locked on. I was told that this will happen with any ABS problem if it isn't fixed soon enough.

Can places like Autozone read these codes? I just my head gaskets and some other repairs, so I can't see dropping the coin for a reader right now.

What are some other issues that it could be, and how big of an issue are we talking?

Old 02-22-2011, 12:16 AM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've never seen an ABS light go on with either of my Disco's for the 8 years I've owned them. I've tried to get the light to go on during hard braking but all I see is the TC light. Is this a problem?

Old 02-22-2011, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

The warning lights work differently. On the ABS, the light only comes on when the system is tested when you first start up, and if there is a problem with the system and it is being disabled. The traction control light comes on when the system is being tested, and when the system is actively working, to inform you that you have a low traction condition.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Autozone cant read your ABS codes. find an indie LR shop that will have the proper equipment or buy yourself an RSW Solutions Amigo.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Drifting
Default Along the same line...

I just found a very worrisome problem under the hood while pulling wires for the Hella lights.

There are 2 plugs not attached to anything. They look just like the 2 prong ABS plugs that they show in the OME lift kit install videos. A yellowed plastic with an oring and 2 prongs coming out.

1. If these are unplugged is this something done to bypass a "Three Amigos" problem? Hiding it.

2. Is this the reason why the DHC (Down Hill Assist) button chimes constantly when I push it in?

3. Could this keep the Cruise Control from working?

4. Would this cause the ABS to actuate while braking where there is no chance of a sliding tire? Low speed on dry pavement with moderate but not hard force on brake pedal. It goes off way easier than any other vehicle I've owned.

Where are the female ends of these plugs supposed to be located? I can't find it anywhere under the hood in the area that matches the length of the wire on the male end. I'm checking the RAVE now.

Quick Reply: ABS Question