Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACE Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2024, 04:39 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ACE Pics

Ok Gentlemen I need some help.

i have a 2004 G4 that i am adding ACE to and the pic folder of all my mounting and Gyro mounting git corrupt somehow and I do not have any.

ANY of you 99-02 Guys have any pics of you ACE system you can share. it would be HUGE help

My lines are already in just need help with all the mounting and what gets the rubber isolators and the other that are bulted together.

Then the Gyros rhat are mounted on the freme and in front of front sunroof motor need how they are mounted so I can rivet in correctly.

Thanks SO MUCH Guys. This project has been ongoing for 3 years and I am getting into it to get it wrapped up and at paint by June1.

Old 05-05-2024, 10:43 AM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What pics are you need8ng exactly? I'm needing to pull mine apart to fix some leaks so if I remember I'll try to take some pics for you.

Old 05-14-2024, 10:08 PM
Overlanding
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnyakimo1855
Ok Gentlemen I need some help.

i have a 2004 G4 that i am adding ACE to and the pic folder of all my mounting and Gyro mounting git corrupt somehow and I do not have any.

ANY of you 99-02 Guys have any pics of you ACE system you can share. it would be HUGE help

My lines are already in just need help with all the mounting and what gets the rubber isolators and the other that are bulted together.

Then the Gyros rhat are mounted on the freme and in front of front sunroof motor need how they are mounted so I can rivet in correctly.

Thanks SO MUCH Guys. This project has been ongoing for 3 years and I am getting into it to get it wrapped up and at paint by June1.
Slightly OT, but do you mind sharing the cost for DIY retrofitting ACE?

Old 05-19-2024, 02:45 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 280 Likes on 182 Posts

Color me jealous as ACE is one thing I wish both my ‘04s had. Quite an undertaking, though, to get it added in. Are you doing frame off or trying to do this with everything in there? Impressive if the latter.

As for pics, which locations? I had ACE in my ‘00 and love the system dearly, but wanted to give the 4.6L a try. Both together would be heaven.

This is a pic from the system, but assuming you have the RAVE, there are a slew of good pics in there and a total description of the function.

Old 05-19-2024, 03:00 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 280 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by CharminULTRA
Slightly OT, but do you mind sharing the cost for DIY retrofitting ACE?
Time. Time. And more time. I suspect you could find a donor vehicle somewhere for the majority of parts, but function would be suspect I bet. Additionally, removal would be a bear unless the body was off. Lastly, keep in mind I think there are a number of parts- like the main pump- that are NLA. This is key because I’d guess most folks didn’t properly maintain the system and didn’t understand the dual cap reservoir and just started putting in regular ATF or power steering fluid (big no no for ACE), and the ACE pump ended up burning up. And even if you did find one, they are hideously expensive if memory serves (like $700+ used).

Personally I think it’s worth it as I’ve driven a few Discos- lifted and not- with the system, and I’m a huge believer. But as I’m not planning a multi year resto on either of mine, I’ll muddle through having a bit of wallow in my handling and significantly less suspension articulation.

Old 05-20-2024, 11:22 AM
Three Wheeling

i need pics of the mounting Mounting locations and the direction of the underside gimble. The pics I took i cannot seem to find.

Last edited by Johnyakimo1855; 05-21-2024 at 11:18 AM.
Old 05-20-2024, 11:30 AM
Three Wheeling
Default Charmin

Charmin,

Just like sally said. TIME TIME TIME and TIME IS MONEY. You will need a 1999-2002 COMPLETE donor vehicle. its best to have the ACE in operational state before you pull it. That way no surprises when you start up.

I took all the hardware and all 3 entire harnesses off of donor vehicle. Including all Computers. Then I ordered all new RAM units, Gimbles, Dampeners, Valve Block seals and collets. and service kit with filter

Yes, you can install without frame off it is easier than removing body.

If you wanted me to put a dollar figure to it.
I would charge around $7500-$9k labor, Parts would be about $1500 plus whatever the donor vehicle cost is

It is not difficult, it is just VERY TIME CONSUMING.

I should have it all finished and off to paint within the next few weeks, wife permiting.

I will post pics when I get it back

The following users liked this post:
longtallsally (05-21-2024)
Old 05-30-2024, 05:27 PM
7th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ACE Pipe to Pump - Need help

Can someone please help me? Nobody is responding to my post.

I have a 1-2cm split in the hose that connects to the pump. I tried to fix it with gasket sealant. Too much pressure. Here are the parts I'm ordering.

ACE Pipe High Pressure Pump To Block *Front Section Of Front Pipe* V8 (Britpart) RQB000270

ACE Pipe Collet (Britpart) ANR6700

ACE Pipe Special Washer (Britpart) RYF100420 *Bag Of 4*

Everything else looks good and I only want to replace this hose. Nothing else. Can I do this myself and connect it without removing the wheel or other parts. I have a steering guard.

Please help, I'm over landing. I need to drive it out of here. Everyone rejects the vehicle. They like the way it looks but refuse to work on it. Everyone rejects it. Please help.

I need to replace this hose myself in a parking space.

Old 05-31-2024, 08:13 AM
Mudding
Received 73 Likes on 30 Posts

You can drive w/o ACE by getting the shorter non-ACE serpentine belt and bypass the ACE pump pulley. At least on the V8. Not sure on the diesel. It will at least be a parking space fix.

Old 05-31-2024, 07:12 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,503 Likes on 1,066 Posts

Very few ACE trucks out there, many have been converted to non-ace. Not sure how much rust on yours, have you looked at the RAVE manual for the procedure? Generally should not be too bad. Remove and replace.

Quick Reply: ACE Pics