Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACE removal - need help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 01:59 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACE removal - need help!

Hi guys, brand new to this site. Was referred to over on r/Landrover. Need help removing the ACE system from my '00 Disco II. My ACE pump had an epic failure and is totally wrecked, and after weighing the pros and cons of the ACE system, I would rather just do away with it. I've heard you can bypass it by buying a non-ACE serpentine belt and replacing my current one with that, along with just removing the ACE pump. Is it really that easy?

If there's more to it than that, please let me know (and explain like I'm 5, I'm not Land Rover savvy yet but I wanna be!) Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

Old 10-11-2016, 02:07 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 111 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by alexanderalicea
Hi guys, brand new to this site. Was referred to over on r/Landrover. Need help removing the ACE system from my '00 Disco II. My ACE pump had an epic failure and is totally wrecked, and after weighing the pros and cons of the ACE system, I would rather just do away with it. I've heard you can bypass it by buying a non-ACE serpentine belt and replacing my current one with that, along with just removing the ACE pump. Is it really that easy?

If there's more to it than that, please let me know (and explain like I'm 5, I'm not Land Rover savvy yet but I wanna be!) Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

Removing that pump and running a different belt is nothing....
you still have the hydraulics actuators and whatnot mounted between frame and body. without somehow replacing all of those components with your typical sway/anti-roll equipment, you will just be driving an over-sized paper weight on wheels. You can get another pump and whatever else that you need from a junkyard or 1 of the many recyclers on the boards. It needs to be fixed and ran the way it was intended to from the factory.

Last edited by chubbs878; 10-11-2016 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:24 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chubbs878
Removing that pump and running a different belt is nothing....
you still have the hydraulics actuators and whatnot mounted between frame and body. without somehow replacing all of those components with your typical sway/anti-roll equipment, you will just be driving an over-sized paper weight on wheels. You can get another pump and whatever else that you need from a junkyard or 1 of the many recyclers on the boards. It needs to be fixed and ran the way it was intended to from the factory.
Thanks for the advice. Will give another look into the ACE system. It's a great system when it's working! Key phrase "when it's working"...

Old 10-11-2016, 03:02 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 111 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by alexanderalicea
Thanks for the advice. Will give another look into the ACE system. It's a great system when it's working! Key phrase "when it's working"...

LoL.
there are a lot of guys on this site that sell good, used parts. tested and guaranteed. you don't have to spend a fortune to fix your truck these days. don't bother with the dealership, you can have the items that you need delivered to your door in a few days. replace the pump and hoses, then you can check everything else once you get that fixed. ACE is the shiz when its doing its thing. Everything on these trucks will go out at some point, all you can do is try to fix it without going in the RED.

Last edited by chubbs878; 10-11-2016 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:24 PM
TReK
Received 787 Likes on 654 Posts

I just got a replacement ACE pump for $250. Replace the filter under the body of the truck while you're at it -- another $40. Provided that there's no crud in the system and no leaks anywhere, the system should bleed itself pretty readily. (The RAVE says you need to hook up to a device that will activate the electronics, but I didn't need to.)