Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACE system questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by larryrover
Chris. I have ACE on my truck and you will unhappily realize why it was disconnected. The systems benefits do not out weigh it's flaws (mainly noisy whining) my suggestion is to to rover and ask them to shut off the system on the computer. The light will go away. Mine is on it costs about $150 to do it. Seriously though it sounds to me that it was disconnected for a reason. My car feels free without it!
Hate to disagree, but the ACE system has few if any problems, usually pump noise and quite often caused because no one ever serviced it or checked the filter.
The benefit far out weigh the cost of a bad pump.

Old 06-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
Hate to disagree, but the ACE system has few if any problems, usually pump noise and quite often caused because no one ever serviced it or checked the filter.
The benefit far out weigh the cost of a bad pump.

ACE filter? Forgive me cause I'm new with Rovers but I just flushed my ACE/PWR steering the other day and did not know anything about a filter. Do tell me more. This thing is a whinny little booger. Sounds like a bearing going out in it. How loud should I expect normal to be. I am spoiled with the ACE (do not wanna disconnect it) This truck handles unreal!
thanks

Old 06-16-2009, 05:35 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the filter is in the valve block on the right frame rail between the front/rear doors. You should be able to look it up in the RAVE manual. The filter is expensive and last time I heard you could spray-clean it with solvent, like brake cleaner. Mike will correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NW_rockhound
I believe the filter is in the valve block on the right frame rail between the front/rear doors. You should be able to look it up in the RAVE manual. The filter is expensive and last time I heard you could spray-clean it with solvent, like brake cleaner. Mike will correct me if I'm wrong.

your right in your desription of where it is, its under the big hex cover in the bottom of the ACE valve block, however, 6 out 10 people cannot get them undone, so either end up "rounding" of the cover or leaving it well alone