Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   After market radio vs. Modifying stock radio (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/after-market-radio-vs-modifying-stock-radio-47145/)

XANDER1120 02-02-2012 02:21 PM

would that take the place of the cd changer or could they both work together???

hhalimi 02-02-2012 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by XANDER1120 (Post 297146)

Yuo can stream your music via blue tooth so no wires hanging and you can attach an usb drive with gazalion files in 6 folders and your Radio will control it. So no wires. All android phones can do Bluetooth streaming. I am not sure about iphone/ipad

hhalimi 02-02-2012 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by XANDER1120 (Post 297146)

It does go into cd changer port. So no cd changer.

DSCVRY 02-02-2012 02:38 PM

With my aftermarket one, they disconnected the CD changer (though it is still under the seat if anyone is looking for one). However, following hhalimi's post, I stream via iPhone 4s. No issues at all. In fact, the phone is able to know when I shut off the car too so it automatically stops playing.

Disco Mike 02-02-2012 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by hhalimi (Post 297147)
Yuo can stream your music via blue tooth so no wires hanging and you can attach an usb drive with gazalion files in 6 folders and your Radio will control it. So no wires. All android phones can do Bluetooth streaming. I am not sure about iphone/ipad

So, tell us why you want to change out your radio, what is it not doing right?

hhalimi 02-02-2012 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Disco Mike (Post 297158)
So, tell us why you want to change out your radio, what is it not doing right?

Mike,
I am not planning on changing my radio, XANDER1120 was asking. I think the after market radios usually look out of place. I am completely satisfied with the radio. I mostly listen to the radio any way. But handsfree phone via blue tooth and streaming audio files that are on my phone is what I want.

Waterfowl 02-02-2012 07:17 PM

Buy a new head unit. Come into the 21st century. I have an alpine with iPhone port. It's great. I have started changing all the blown speakers. Two subs blown, two mids blown and at least one of the woofers blown when I bought the truck. A real amp will be installed after all the speakers are replaced.

Disco2RoverOver 02-03-2012 08:21 AM

I ended up getting an external XM sat unit. Wired directly into FM antenna. It also has an aux in on the sat unit. Works great and only 60 at best buy.

I want blutooth BUT I am looking into a GPS that has it built in.

I have a SE that sounds great factory. If I had a S I would look into aftermarket also.