Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 04:41 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Air Springs

This was not planned. Just noticed rear is flat. when i start the truck it fills up but looses quickly. I put after market Air Springs and lasted for about year and a half (Bummer!)

Any suggestion what and were to get a descent set?

Thanks

Old 04-20-2016, 05:08 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by sayeedA
This was not planned. Just noticed rear is flat. when i start the truck it fills up but looses quickly. I put after market Air Springs and lasted for about year and a half (Bummer!)

Any suggestion what and were to get a descent set?

Thanks
Sounds like they have been damaged somehow. There is only one aftermarket suspension bag IMO, it's Dunlop. Do you have a body lift? as air suspension isn't designed to cope with increased suspension lift or longer than standard shocks. Do you offroad in your truck?

Old 04-20-2016, 05:12 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Sounds like they have been damaged somehow. There is only one aftermarket suspension bag IMO, it's Dunlop. Do you have a body lift? as air suspension isn't designed to cope with increased suspension lift or longer than standard shocks. Do you offroad in your truck?
No Off road just some camping. I dont have a body lift. I like the way it is. I see many aftermarket brands out there
Thanks

Last edited by sayeedA; 04-20-2016 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 05:22 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Who fitted the air bags? and were they push fit tubes or screwed olive type? Sometimes the push fit type aren't pushed in quite enough and they pop out later on.

Is the NRV letting by and causing the air suspension to deflate?

I doubt it's this problem or both bags would normally deflate I believe.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:25 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Who fitted the air bags? and were they push fit tubes or screwed olive type? Sometimes the push fit type aren't pushed in quite enough and they pop out later on.

Is the NRV letting by and causing the air suspension to deflate?

I doubt it's this problem or both bags would normally deflate I believe.
I just noticed the air loss in the garage. I am going to take for ride later to test the ABS issue. Let's see if anything changes.

What is NRV?

Old 04-20-2016, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,297 Likes on 1,688 Posts

Arnott Industries makes extremely high quality replacement air springs. I was extremely lucky to find a pair of them already installed on my 99 D2 with SLS. It leaks down a little bit during the night, but I don't think the air springs are the issue. I think I have a small leak inside the valve block vs the springs. You can spray some soapy water on the air springs to test for leaks.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:32 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 111 Likes on 104 Posts

Damn Sayeed! Sounds like this truck is giving you a run for your money judging by all the posts! That's OK, she's just trying to keep you out of trouble
You haven't been up to no good, have yuh?! LmAo

Old 04-20-2016, 08:49 PM
Rock Crawling

I know I like to post a lot do research, understand, learn then tackle. Good news my truck never stopped running. some pesky problems I am trying to solve.

I have 2 other cars so I don't care if I am working on this one. You should see my BMW posts - Land Rover does not have 1/10th of the issue. Truck was in storage for 3 years when I was in an overseas job. It's got only 80K miles and still have new smell I am the only owner so I know I am not dealing with someone's mess. My Dobbie loves the truck.

I think I am getting closure on the Tres Amigos. I drove around and the Air Spring is holding up. I will see in the morning what's the status.

Thanks for the humor

Old 04-20-2016, 09:06 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 111 Likes on 104 Posts

I'm sorry man, had to pick on you. My truck gave me a few problems when i bought it and this forum saved me from blowing up the engine and driveline. There are so many knowledgeable people here, with answers to your question pretty much on demand. There's nothing else out there like this place. And as DiscoMike would say, "before you begin assessing those air bags, have you checked or replaced your front driveshaft?"

Old 04-20-2016, 09:25 PM
Rock Crawling

No Problem. Some times it helps to be picked on as these repairs get challenging. You are absolutely correct about this place being the best in knowledge and people. My ABS problems took longer to fix it because I was not following

I have had some conversation with Disco Mike few years ago. he can be tough on people.

Yes I have been following his recommendation not all but those made sense. Oh I have replaced that long time ago.

Question: how often should we replace Diff/Gear oil?
I need to do my Oil Pan Gasket but looks darn messy

Check out my new Toy got yesterday.

Sorry hit the Enter too early

Attached Thumbnails Air Springs-air-greaser.jpe  

Quick Reply: Air Springs