Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To All North Carolina and surrounding areas

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 11:14 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To All North Carolina and surrounding areas

I was at my local dealership and saw this flyer for an upcoming event. When you go to the Biltmore site the prices listed are very high, however, my understanding from the dealership is that through them it actually is just $50. I'm not real sure what many details of the trip are but it sounds like it could be fun if you're interested.

http://www.landrovergreensboro.com/s...overNewsletter

Old 09-30-2009, 08:38 AM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You will love it if you go. If you're really experienced it wont be anything new, but the Biltmore Estate is the most beautiful place in Asheville. I'll be in town (Asheville) that weekend because thats my fall break, so im might consider going, I'll just have to see what I have planned. Im in High Point right now, do you think if I signed up in G-boro and just met there in Asheville they'd be ok with that?

Old 09-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I called and got all the info but when I checked the date I found that I am already busy. If you see one of these again for $50 please send it my way. It looks like it would be fun.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll see what I can find out about meeting up in Asheville. I wouldn't see why they would care as long as you're there when they start. I'll check on it.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:18 PM
TReK

Im going for sure, reserved my spot today. Tomorrow im going to go over to LR-Greensboro to pay the $50 and I look forward to seeing anyone else who is going from the forum!

Old 10-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I just arranged to be in Knoxville on business Friday the 23rd. Will drive over to Greensboro that night. Cameron, I'll register this afternoon and see if they'll let me get your lunch - Is your GF coming with you?

Old 10-09-2009, 03:49 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by gilder
Well I just arranged to be in Knoxville on business Friday the 23rd. Will drive over to Greensboro that night. Cameron, I'll register this afternoon and see if they'll let me get your lunch - Is your GF coming with you?
haha no, but my Dad is coming so there should be two extra lunches there. However, im sure if you register this afternoon they'll make you however many you need. I cant believe its just $50 per vehicle, its going to be pretty fun!

Old 10-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Biltmore

I called today and will see you on Sat Oct 24

Old 10-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Deal - Three of us - make sure you bring a camera so we can make everyone jealous! Tony, are you going to start out at the dealership in Greensboro?

Old 10-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I thought about just going towards Asheville and meeting the caravan along the way, but may go down the night before and stay in Greensboro with family so all my driving is not all in one day. It would be less driving to head straight to Asheville, but part of the fun may be making the trip with the other "nuts", I mean distinguished land rover enthusiast. I would like to go to class somewhat fresh rather than having 2 hr to Greensboro and then another approx 2 hours to Asheville even before getting into the class, not to mention you gotta get home as well that night.

Honestly not sure yet, but thinking overnight before in/near Greensboro, but if not, probably overnight on Saturday night somewhere.

Quick Reply: To All North Carolina and surrounding areas