Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

am i crazy to trade mine for this

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 12:24 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update. He is up for the deal, but the cdl in his truck is seized!! Hmmmmmmmm I don't think I can let my truck go, that I know is running perfect for some other issues.

I'll sleep on it for a week or two !! Lol neither of us are in a rush!!!

Old 08-26-2013, 12:30 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

It's funny that his badass offroad rig has a seized up CDL.

I wouldn't have any problem with the trade IF I was pretty confident in the truck's maintenance history.

I've had vehicles 30 years old that didn't give me one single problem while I owned them. So the age of this one isn't a concern so much as the history.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:42 AM
Mudding

I agree, he has only owned it for 5 months has all the receipts from his work listed in the add, he bought it from a diesel mechanic but that doesn't really mean much. We will see what it looks like!

The CDL being seized is a bit of an alarm!

And I would keep my new sneakers!

Last edited by Mojigglins; 08-26-2013 at 12:49 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:20 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Is the CDL seized, or just the linkage? I've read a lot on this forum about the linkage being stuck due to never being used. Maybe a little wiggle work to get it going again?

EDIT: You might also climb under it to verify it actually exists and nobody took it out previously for some strange reason. Being that old, you never know what all has happened to it.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:26 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

One more thing... Looking at his photos, it appears it has been repainted on either the front or back. I know that sounds strange looking at Craigslist photos, but I'm pretty good at seeing that stuff. Always have been. I used to buy a lot of vehicles back in the day.

It may be nothing, but it may also be an issue with alignments for the rest of it's life. I've had cars wear tires after a decent accident and could never get them right. I've also had others with broken parts that didn't show up immediately, but rather later on after I bought them.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:50 AM
Mudding

[QUOTE=SuperSport;417305]One more thing... Looking at his photos, it appears it has been repainted on either the front or back. I know that sounds strange looking at Craigslist photos, but I'm pretty good at seeing that stuff. Always have been. I used to buy a lot of vehicles back in the day.

It may be nothing, but it may also be an issue with alignments for the rest of it's life. I've had cars wear tires after a decent accident and could never get them right. I've also had others with broken parts that didn't show up immediately, but rather later on after I bought them.[/QUOTE

AHHHH good point I didnt notice that, this is the input I am looking for, stuff that I might not think about, Thanks for the help all!!!!

Its the CDL that I want most for my truck, If I could find some one in the states that would be willing to pull the front output assy of a 2000 t-case and ship it to me, because I cant find one at all only complete cases and they start at $450+ shipping and the toddco kit would be $350+ shipping+brokerage,

the more I think about it its not really a good deal.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:44 PM
Winching
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

I've seen that D1, that guy is in my rover club. The CDL isn't seized. It's just the linkage. It a 95 and probably has never been used. I remember talking to this guy about it.
I don't know much else about it aside from that its got a nice exhaust system, and a terafima 2" medium duty lift. Seemed to drive fine but I didn't look too hard.
I remember buddy telling me he wanted something a bit more "daily driver".
Either way it seemed like he built this into a decent trail rig.