Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another gas saver?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 04:02 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, now yall got me going.............Im going to buy one for the heck of it just because yall are saying dont do it.............yall sound just like the guys who told me I wasted my money on my aftermarket vehicle warranty which just paid out $2,000.00 on my behalf for head gasket work at the dealership Ill keep yall updated on my MPG increase. Yall will all be buying this snake oil when im done with ya!

Old 01-30-2010, 06:50 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for stepping up to the plate Godsdozer, you'll be the man riding around with 2+ more mpg than the rest of us. We can talk all we want and give our opinions but there is only one way to find out for sure. Of course that's probably the only reason they can sell these things in first place, for the hope that it might work.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:30 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah most of the positive feedback is for fast shipping but if you read more of them there are some that say the item works. I'm not saying I think it does I'm just trying to figure out if he's making fake feedback some how.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:06 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pretty tough to fake feedback, but then again hackers are pretty good now a days.

DOZER, wave to us as you're passing all of us at the gas station filling up and you're getting 25mpg!

Old 01-30-2010, 02:06 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I would not be surprised one bit if it actually worked. All vehicles are detuned for emmissions purposes. Changing the ECU's response to different sensor feedbacks definitely can provide for increased power - so it's not at all far fetched to do the same with maximising fuel efficiency in mind. I installed a power chip on my Cayenne and the power increase was instantly noticable. My guess is that they've leaned out the curves in the middle of the power band so that folks don't notice sluggishness upon takeoff. Look forward to the feedback Gosdozer.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:14 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rofl ,

I have purchased two different power chips in my life. Here are my results.

1. 2001 Dodge 3500 desiel ( I bought it new). It got me 4 MPG more. And the power is drastically improved (it has 3 different settings, I have it set on the most power increase). As a testimony to this one, Just the other day I had my truck at my local mechanic shop for a rattle, he test drove it and when he came back his first words to me was.........You must have a power chip! (He drives a desiel as well).

2. 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 600RR. I put a power commander on it and the bike came alive.( dyno results were about a 4.5% increase). Dont know about MPG because I didnt care .

No kidding, I wouldnt mine spending that little bit of money to try it out, my only concern is this: These discos seem to be so fickle at times, i dont want it to start setting off error codes all the time. What do you guys think? If it does set off error codes, do you think you can remove it and the ECU or whatever will go back to normal?

GODSDOZER

Last edited by GODSDOZER; 01-31-2010 at 02:24 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:06 AM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

here's a thread where a guy claims it increased the fuel economy on his 4runner by 4mpg..maybe the guy owns stock in the company, I dunno..just passing it along.

http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14212

Old 01-31-2010, 02:21 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking forward to Godsdozer's real-life test.....

Old 02-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So i actually have this item installed in my Disco! I've had it installed since the beginning of January. I've used it for about 1,000 miles or so.
Yes it does help. Upsides and downsides? Of course.
The bad? Your disco takes longer to warm up b/c it runs more lean. So when you live in Michigan like me, it takes a little longer to achieve running temp.
The power & accell are exactly the same. I kicked an Escallade's booty tonight in a street race so i know she's still got kick.
Better mpg? Yes, it improved my mpg by about 1-2 mpg. I went from 15 mpg to 17 mpg highway. And my city has improved from 11 to 13 mpg. I use the same gas station every time i fill up, and drive the same route every day, and i have not changed my driving habits.
I drive 15,000 miles a year so it will eventually pay itself off for me. If you wanna get 1-2 mpg better then get it, and hopefully it works for you as well as it works for me.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:10 AM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 'BamaBoy
So i actually have this item installed in my Disco! I've had it installed since the beginning of January. I've used it for about 1,000 miles or so.
Yes it does help. Upsides and downsides? Of course.
The bad? Your disco takes longer to warm up b/c it runs more lean. So when you live in Michigan like me, it takes a little longer to achieve running temp.
The power & accell are exactly the same. I kicked an Escallade's booty tonight in a street race so i know she's still got kick.
Better mpg? Yes, it improved my mpg by about 1-2 mpg. I went from 15 mpg to 17 mpg highway. And my city has improved from 11 to 13 mpg. I use the same gas station every time i fill up, and drive the same route every day, and i have not changed my driving habits.
I drive 15,000 miles a year so it will eventually pay itself off for me. If you wanna get 1-2 mpg better then get it, and hopefully it works for you as well as it works for me.
Very very interesting! Thanks for the post.
Did it throw any codes when you first started using it??

Quick Reply: Another gas saver?