Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any local GTG's in the NYC Tri-State area?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Arrow Any local GTG's in the NYC Tri-State area?

OK, so I am not yet an owner of one, but looking to get to know some of the local scene a bit more before I do dive into one. I have made many great friends from other makes and the local GTG's we have, as well as gained/shared a wealth of knowledge.
If there is anything that happens in the Tri-State area, please post it up. Would love to drop in on one!

Old 10-13-2010, 11:53 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

check out the link in my sig

Old 10-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
check out the link in my sig
Very cool. I would happily join in should I purchase one. The last outing looked like a blast! I do track days plus usually weekly GTG's with the local Audi crowd, and it is always great. You all ever get together for a beer or to wrench the Rovers?

Old 10-13-2010, 01:34 PM

if we get enough members im sure more and more things will start happening. we are fairly new only about a year old but we are growing quickly.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Recovery Vehicle

if we get enough members im sure more and more things will start happening. we are fairly new only about a year old but we are growing quickly.
I tell you, having a monthly coffee run on a week night will get more people interested who are local. Those who don't want to commit sight unseen to a group get turned on to it by just getting together and chatting. 10-20 of us get together on Thursdays at locations around the tri-state (usually NJ though) for Audi, and it is amazing the number of people who have joined in on club events after that.
Good stuff, and good job putting things like this together!

Old 10-13-2010, 03:04 PM

im working on some promo materials cards and stickers as well. cards i can start handing out when chatting with people. it will continue to grow im sure. if you get a disco and are interested in wheeling or need help let me know. we have other people in jersey as well.

Old 10-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Recovery Vehicle

im working on some promo materials cards and stickers as well. cards i can start handing out when chatting with people. it will continue to grow im sure. if you get a disco and are interested in wheeling or need help let me know. we have other people in jersey as well.
I will honestly need lots of help and advice when/if I do pick one up. The more I see though the more I am scared about doing it! I need to figure out some of the costs of the "must do" items on an 03/04 as far as fluids, head gasket, the joint you could lubricate, etc.

Old 10-13-2010, 03:47 PM

honestly parts are not bad, if you do the work and maitenance and don't get one that been neglected you are good as gold.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle

honestly parts are not bad, if you do the work and maitenance and don't get one that been neglected you are good as gold.
I'm going to look at an 03 with like 60K on it sometime this week. We will see what happens!

Old 10-13-2010, 07:02 PM

you are aware of the bad oil pump vin range on the 03's?

Quick Reply: Any local GTG's in the NYC Tri-State area?