Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone have black wheels on a discovery?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 10:11 AM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KBW
I was on the Interco SS M-16 37/13.5/22. Great tires. I would look at those but I want 33" and they don't make them on 20's
That is a bias ply tire. They're going to wear fast, be incredibly noisy on the road and ride like a tank. Unless you're wanting a tire for serious hard core off roading stay away from super swampers. There is a radial version of the swamper but it is still going to ride terrible. Before you drop the cash for a set find someone with swampers on their vehicle and go for a ride.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:48 PM
KBW
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AK I drove a couple hundred miles on them this past weekend and they rode pretty well. I have been traveling lately because of the season but I mostly drive on roads with 35mph zones so I'm barely ever getting past 50. I made that post because in the previous post I couldn't remember the name of the tire the truck I was driving had but I looked them up. After looking I'm probably going to do more of an A/T than a M/T.

One of my brothers is laid off and not doing very well at all so even though I already have the lift coming in I'm going to hold off on putting it on because I'd feel bad for doing so. I paid his house payment but he won't allow me to help him anymore. I'm going to go ahead and do the other stuff (Tom Woods told me at least the driveshaft they are sending is made to work for both stock height and with the 3" lift so I'll throw that on, the oil pump, etc) that isn't very visible.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:15 PM
TReK

That's cool if you like the way the Swampers ride. I was just sharing the experiences I have had with those particular tires. Despite sounding argumentative I really am trying to help. If you stick with 3" of lift you'll be fine with your TW shafts.

You're a good man for helping your brother out. Being laid off right now I completely understand how both of you feel. I went from being the one offering help to the one needing help.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:08 PM
KBW
Mudding

Originally Posted by AK Rover
That's cool if you like the way the Swampers ride. I was just sharing the experiences I have had with those particular tires. Despite sounding argumentative I really am trying to help. If you stick with 3" of lift you'll be fine with your TW shafts.

You're a good man for helping your brother out. Being laid off right now I completely understand how both of you feel. I went from being the one offering help to the one needing help.
Yeah it definitely is no fun...I experienced it growing up when I went from having a father making top salary to him being laid off and he didn't plan for that. At that age I didn't really understand it all. I almost hurt for my brother he has two young kids and hasn't been married for long. He has his head on straight though and she is great. I'm back in school but have my own business and work at an accounting firm as well plus have a little bit of $ coming from the Reserves (I do a little bit of everything haha). I don't have near as much as I'd like to have saved but my dad being laid off for a little while has definitely made it easier for me to put $ into savings/investments.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:18 PM
TReK

Reserves? Army, Air Force...? Sounds like you definitely are keeping busy.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:04 AM
KBW
Mudding

Army...one weekend/month during the year isn't much. Also to add I don't ever take it as any of you are fussing or anything like that. I'm one of the least knowledgeable on the forums as far as rovers go so I am here to take all advice. I understand exactly what you are saying about the tires but the ride differences aren't a deal breaker for me with how I'm going to use the discovery for the majority of the time and with how I want it to look.

Last edited by KBW; 03-19-2009 at 12:11 AM.