Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone installed a rear driver-side ABS Sensor Overlay Harness?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 09:14 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone installed a rear driver-side ABS Sensor Overlay Harness?

I need to replace the ABS sensor on the left-rear wheel of my '01 Disco. The new sensors come with a long wire or overlay harness that eliminates the plug connections in route to the SLABS. According to the technical bulletin I found, Land Rover recommends running the new sensor wires/harness along the same path as the main ABS harness (i.e., along the chassis, between the chassis and the floor of the vehicle, to the engine compartment, then into the the cab under the glove compartment and wired into the appropriate plug in the SLABS). Seems easy enough on paper, but, having looked at the route on a truck, it looks like a royal pain in the a#!, and I'm a little concerned about running the new wires so close to the engine block, b/c it doesn't look easy to get the new wires inside the heat wrap that's protecting the main harness.

I'm considering running the new sensor wire/harness into the rear cargo compartment through the grommets behind the rear lights, then taking it to the SLABS through the interior of the vehicle. . . Curious what advice folks would offer - especially those who have replaced the old sensor-type with the overlay harness already. Thanks!