Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is anyone running BFG Mud Terrains or Kumho Venture M/T

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Is anyone running BFG Mud Terrains or Kumho Venture M/T

Since I am buying a bunch of crap for the tune up I figured I would get some new tires as well. Does anyone know the max size I could get in the BFG MT or AT and the Kumho Venture M/T? (Stock D2) Along with that, has anyone used or known users of the kumhos? (I giggle everytime I write Kumho) I am also wanting some new brake pads, pref the ones that produce no dust... any recomendations? I was thinking about trying the green ones from AB. Thanks!

Old 03-19-2009, 04:07 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Just installed the EBC green pads from AB. Haven't driven much more than to bed them to the rotors but impressed so far. Even right after install when the pads' performance is at its worst they still felt comparable to the pads I took off.

I have used BFG M/Ts in the past. I liked them but I also had a truck set up for playing in the mud. As I have gotten older I have gotten to the point I prefer an aggressive all terrain tire to mud terrains. IMO, mud terrains ride too rough. Never heard of anyone using the Kumhos you mentioned. BFG A/Ts are an ok tire IMO. They will do anything you want but doesn't really stand out in any category.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:26 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My cousin has 265/70/16 BFG Mud Terrains on his 99 DII however he had to trim his front bumper a littl.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:14 PM
4th Gear

I'm running General Grabber AT2's on my '97 Disco. I've had BFG Muds and I think the Grabbers work just as well. However, I'm not running mudpits, but they perform as well on everything else and much better on snowy streets and ice than my BFGs.

Try tirerack.com and save a bunch.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:11 AM
Rock Crawling

I have Kumho Venture MT's on my Jeep Wrangler (33x12.50x15). Great tire for the money... all though I thought they were being replaced with a directional tire from Kumho called the KL71 or something similar (at least that was the case in common jeep sizes). I have also run two other Kumhos on performance street cars, and they were great tires. I having nothing but good things to say about Kumho.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't know about the tires, but the EBC green pads are a good way to go. I went from nasty genuine pads that dirtied my wheels driving to the store to nothing. I can actually wait until I wash the whole truck to do the rims.... Good performance too.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had the bfg mud terrains on my disco... 265/75's and they were ok... didnt really get the chance to offroad with them much, but after one destroyed itself on the way to work and the others were starting to show wear i switched to buckshot xmt mudders...

Old 03-20-2009, 01:59 PM
KBW
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by okdiscoguy
I don't know about the tires, but the EBC green pads are a good way to go. I went from nasty genuine pads that dirtied my wheels driving to the store to nothing. I can actually wait until I wash the whole truck to do the rims.... Good performance too.
haha I agre 100% with this. I'd clean my rims and two days later they'd look like I've never cleaned them before with the pads that came on it. Switched to the EBC's and have loved them so far.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:38 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will a 225/75/16 sized tire work on my rover with OE alloy rims?

Old 03-20-2009, 10:08 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by salve7
Will a 225/75/16 sized tire work on my rover with OE alloy rims?
Yes it will work but do you really want to go to a smaller tires. It will cause your engine to turn faster and hurt your fuel mileage.

Quick Reply: Is anyone running BFG Mud Terrains or Kumho Venture M/T