Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone in SLC, UT ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 11:49 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Anyone in SLC, UT ?

Bit of a long shot. Anyone local to Salt Lake that could help a student with no tools and limited budget replace the fan clutch on her '01 D2?

long story short. She overheated in traffic, boiled the coolant, blew off cap. I walked her through bleeding the coolant and making sure she had no visible leaks or that the system was pressurizing due to exhaust gases. Also had her test the fan clutch and it spins freely. Amongst other issues, this points to at least one reason why she overheated in traffic.

The car already has a new radiator and water pump, of someone was willing to help change the fan clutch out, she'd at least be able to get the car over to GBR without having to pay for another tow.

cheers!

Old 03-13-2017, 11:33 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Does this person still need help?

I've got an extra fan/clutch and tools. And I'm in SLC. Let me know.

Originally Posted by Robert Booth
Bit of a long shot. Anyone local to Salt Lake that could help a student with no tools and limited budget replace the fan clutch on her '01 D2?

long story short. She overheated in traffic, boiled the coolant, blew off cap. I walked her through bleeding the coolant and making sure she had no visible leaks or that the system was pressurizing due to exhaust gases. Also had her test the fan clutch and it spins freely. Amongst other issues, this points to at least one reason why she overheated in traffic.

The car already has a new radiator and water pump, of someone was willing to help change the fan clutch out, she'd at least be able to get the car over to GBR without having to pay for another tow.

cheers!

Old 03-20-2017, 10:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Yes she does!
Shes going to PM you directly. Thanks so much!

The following users liked this post:
golgafrinch (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 02:12 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the message. It's encouraging to hear that there is a new water pump. Meaning somebody has gotten the fan clutch off of it. I had to remove mine with the pump to get it off a while ago. It sucked.

The following users liked this post:
Robert Booth (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 03:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Apparently the truck needs another new radiator. GBR used an IR thermometer and saw some cold spots on the rad. The truck is her daily driver so it's been a bit stressful for her.