Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATTENTION Anyone with an extended watts link please post

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 06:03 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ATTENTION Anyone with an extended watts link please post

Looking for the dimensions of the extended watts link to fabricate one for myself. I cant see spending 300+ for it. If you have one and can take the time to accurately measure it for me I would really appreciate it. Thanks guys

Last edited by MuddMouth; 03-31-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:59 PM
Mudding

Someone's gotta have one come on fellas.....

Old 04-01-2013, 01:13 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Oooo I'd like to see this. Also, can I get a shot of your set up? Sounds pretty cool

Old 04-01-2013, 08:52 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Part of that $300 retail price was for R&D I'm guessing.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
Part of that $300 retail price was for R&D I'm guessing.
And the bushings. Have you priced the OE watts link bushings? I guess it's only like $25 each for the bushings needed on the outer arms... the bushings for the dogbone piece are like $100 each!

Last edited by jafir; 04-01-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

At $300 it isn't worth my time, for sure. Especially since I've heard nothing bad about'em either!

Dave

Old 04-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Mudding

What's funny to me is some of the guys on here justify paying ridiculous prices by making excuses for the companies that make and distribute them.... I don't get that.
If you don't have one and aren't gonna contribute to the thread via the title please keep your comments and silly justifications to yourself please and thank.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by MuddMouth
What's funny to me is some of the guys on here justify paying ridiculous prices by making excuses for the companies that make and distribute them.... I don't get that.
If you don't have one and aren't gonna contribute to the thread via the title please keep your comments and silly justifications to yourself please and thank.
Look if you don't want comments on your post, then don't post it someplace public. There is nothing wrong with some of us trying to explain why the price might be a little higher than you want to pay.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:17 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by MuddMouth
Looking for the dimensions of the extended watts link to fabricate one for myself. I cant see spending 300+ for it. If you have one and can take the time to accurately measure it for me I would really appreciate it. Thanks guys
To be frank, I think its in poor taste to ask on a forum for someone to measure others' work. I'm fine with someone who shared their own plans for others to use - They chose to do it. If a $300 mod for your Rover is too much to spend, you're clearly in the wrong truck.

All that said - They are obviously not too tough to make. The real measurements you don't already have (compared to your stocker) is just how far out they came with that link and I'd bet you could just eyeball it. As for the ends - have you considered these? Johnny Joint®

Dave

Old 04-02-2013, 07:54 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Ghaniba
To be frank, I think its in poor taste to ask on a forum for someone to measure others' work. I'm fine with someone who shared their own plans for others to use - They chose to do it. If a $300 mod for your Rover is too much to spend, you're clearly in the wrong truck.

All that said - They are obviously not too tough to make. The real measurements you don't already have (compared to your stocker) is just how far out they came with that link and I'd bet you could just eyeball it. As for the ends - have you considered these? Johnny Joint®

Dave
Poor taste... really on Pirate 4x4 we share information like this all the time... guess all those members are of bad taste too?
A 300 dollar mod is most definitely not gonna break my bank, but that's not really the point.
And for the record I didn't ask for any mass produced and manufactured product measurements, I simple stated that they were over priced to buy and I stand behind that.
Instead of making assumptions and not really contributing any real information to the thread, why not offer some? I know what a Johnny Joint is and yes that's a good option. And sure I could eye ball it and get it close, but the question was posed to those that have them and or MADE them.

I guess this Forum is more of the type of people that just buy the **** they put on their trucks and have someone else do it. Instead of getting in and building it yourself, buying bold'ons and just slapping them on isn't really complicated. But that's fine, Im not that way I enjoy the actual BUILD not throw away 1300 for a bumper made of tin.

I found what I was looking for elsewhere so for all intensive purposes I'm all set. But the reaction of a few members here really showed what its all about... was looking for a little help and what did I actually get......

Quick Reply: ATTENTION Anyone with an extended watts link please post