Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bilstein Shocks ACE

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bilstein Shocks ACE

Any one know were I can Find ( if there are any ) Bilstein or Old Man Emu shocks for a LR Disco with ACE.
And if there is a confort option ? say softer Ride ?

Old 02-21-2008, 03:06 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Bilstein Shocks ACE

You don't want a softer ride, it will feel too sloppy. Look at your sway bar, you should have hydraulic cylinders attached to the sway bay. Should be able to see them in your front wheel wells too.

For OME fitment, after you figure out if you have ACE, call Tony @ Cerrone's European 650-365-4145. He can sell you what you need at probably the best price around. I am not sure if they are different with ACE or not, but he can help you out.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Call me, I have ACE and SLS and can point you in the right direction.
303-862-7680
Colorado before 8 pm any day.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Rock Crawling

you dont buy bilstein shocks for a soft ride

Old 02-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Three Wheeling

On the bilstein page there are 3 levels of shock softnes. Heavy Duty´s description is " incredible handling without loosing confort " that sounds great ....if I could get some... Besides You should see some of the roads in Mexico. Did You see the movie the mexican? That is a town called San Miguel de allende " I go there every weekend ( Seriously ) Ill try to remember to take a picture of these roads ... They are still made of stones FOR REAL. Ill try to get some softnes any way I can. It is comonly known by people that go to these places to lower your tire presure before entering.

Thanks OK DISCOGUY . Ill call Tony tomorrow . hope he cand send them to Mexico
Thanks Disco Mike. Got your emails and hope I can get some Old Man Emu or Bilsteins.

Witch do You prefer Considering all of the above.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:19 AM
Administrator

Bilsteins does not recommend using there shocks on a D2 with ACE, the valving is not compatiable and besides, they are 1/2 " shorter then the OME that does work well with ACE, I have them on my truck.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:47 AM
Three Wheeling

Sounds Good , did some reaserch last night , they seem to be tailored made for my needs. and for some reazon specially good for Land Rovers .... I found diferent opinions on OME on other cars, they seem to not like them on high ways but every body loves them off road.

There is another problem NO EMU IN MEXICO Only imports and prices are over 1,000 Plus.
Can any body please tell me were I can find a good soul that can send them to Mexico?

I am seriously thinking on going on bussines and import Land Rover Parts. You wouldnt believe the prices down here.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Three Wheeling

Oh.. OME will not change in any way the original setting of my truck right? ( height or altitude ) (sorry dont know the word )

Old 02-22-2008, 09:03 AM
Administrator

I sent you an e-mail yesterday telling you how you can get OME's from the States.
As for peoples complaints about OME's on cars, who cars, we are talking about a HD 4X4 shock, don't car appliucation.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:41 AM
Three Wheeling

Oops sorry Mike .... didnt get that e-mail... got the one You told me on witch parts to get. But no phone number or e-mail.
Copy...

Can you order a set of Old Man Emu shocks, here in the states they are about $75 a piece. If so buy 2 107's and 2 108 as well as a steering stabilizer. If you can order on line, let me know and I 'll get you connected with the right people.[/align] Mike
[/align]

Quick Reply: Bilstein Shocks ACE