Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blower Motor or Control Panel?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2024, 05:52 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Blower Motor or Control Panel?

2004 Discovery 2. Blower motor seemed to be going out. It would stop working, but when I hit a bump it would come back on, now it isn't working at all. I bought a new, not used, motor, plugged it in and it still isn't working. Does the blower motor need to be installed to work? Grounded by means of the screws?

The control panel comes on and all the select functions work. I can hear the controls changing under the dash. Thoughts?

Old 01-17-2024, 06:13 AM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had this very thing happen about a year ago, and it ended up being a wiring issue. It toolk some troubleshooting to figure out exactly where, but I ended up splicing a new wire into the back of the fuse block under the steering column and running it over to the plug for the motor on the passenger side.

I seem to recall finding a thread on here that identified the wires and fuse location, but it’s been some time and I can’t seem to find the bookmark. If you can track that down, it’s a pretty simple procedure.

I do recall doing a test by running a hot wire directly from power to the blower motor plug to make sure that was the issue (it ran), and you can also test for output from the fuse block while cycling through the blower power levels on the controls to make sure it’s not something else.

Hope that helps.