Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Terrafirma Lift - Long Term Test???

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 12:42 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Terrafirma Lift - Long Term Test???

Anyone on here had their TF shocks/springs on their DII for more than a couple thousand miles that has a good review on ride, spring settling, complaints, praises, etc?

I am starting to save up for a lift in hopes to have it purchased and installed by late spring/early summer and want to know if I should just throw down for the tried and true OME lift, or if it's worth it to save a few dollars and get the TF.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up Suspension

My 03' has the Old Man Emu set up w/Rovertym springs. I replaced the rear air bags w/the coil conversion. This set up has been on for four years and I've driven about 7500 miles w/it. I love it! It still feels like it did from Day 1.

Old 12-22-2010, 02:03 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What does Justin from Lucky8 run? If you watch his vids he puts his disco through the works. He seems to stand by their product.

Old 12-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

i only have about 2000 miles on my truck witht he TF list because its not a DD for me. But so far i love it. bought it from Justin at L8

Old 12-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by achapman
What does Justin from Lucky8 run? If you watch his vids he puts his disco through the works. He seems to stand by their product.
Justin's latest D2...the Kimbersand (red) one is a TerraFirma project, so I think it has the 3" TF lift he sells. I'm hoping to do a 2" lift sometime in the next few months and (IMO) the TF kits sure sound like they're the best deal out there for the $$$...

Old 12-22-2010, 03:06 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by dcarr1971
I'm hoping to do a 2" lift sometime in the next few months and (IMO) the TF kits sure sound like they're the best deal out there for the $$$...
I'm in the same lift boat as you (2" within the next few months), the TF seems to be just fine, and I'm sure places like Lucky8 wouldn't sell it if it was crap. The only thing that makes me nervous is that the long term durability seems so unknown.

I'll have to check out that new Lucky8 project in the meantime. Thanks everyone so far for your input, keep chiming in!

Old 12-22-2010, 10:49 PM
Three Wheeling

I have a terrafirma 2in HD and I like it very well, sits good and the ride is nice even with the HD coils.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:58 AM
Mudding

I had my TF 2" med lift done early Sept this year. Have driven about 7k miles. Drives great, don't really notice the suspension height has changed. My rear is slightly higher than the front, which I think is a good thing. Couldn't be happier with my choice and the ride is great.
The ride is very controlled when I go offroading.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:26 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by Rover Rebel
I have a terrafirma 2in HD and I like it very well, sits good and the ride is nice even with the HD coils.
How long have you been running your lift? Got any pics? How's the ON road manners with the HD coils?

Originally Posted by discoboy
I had my TF 2" med lift done early Sept this year. Have driven about 7k miles. Drives great, don't really notice the suspension height has changed. My rear is slightly higher than the front, which I think is a good thing. Couldn't be happier with my choice and the ride is great.
The ride is very controlled when I go offroading.
Thanks for the input. 7K miles, now we're talking. What size tires are you running?

Old 12-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Mudding

I got rid of my 18", running stock 16" rim with 255-70-16. Assuming my motor repair is not expensive, I will order black steelies with 265-75-16 soon.

Quick Reply: Terrafirma Lift - Long Term Test???