Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   Brain Trust (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/brain-trust-18855/)

Camdisco24 01-13-2009 09:33 PM

RE: Brain Trust

Yeah... I love snow too. But I betyou would laugh at out "snow days". One inch, SCHOOL CLOSED!

I am liking the blocking in idea.
A) You wont get arrested (as you might with some of the other ideas :D)
B) It would be fun to watch
C) It would work on me!

LambChop 01-13-2009 09:37 PM

Why not back into your driveway so you can drive out?

Otherwise Id blow the snow from your driveway and your yard into the bottom of their driveway. They may not have a problem now, but when they have to go through 4 feet they will.

"Youre always gonna have problems lifting a body in one piece. Apparently the best thing to do is cut up a corpse into six pieces and pile it all together."

"And when you got your six pieces, you gotta get rid of them, because its no good leaving it in the deep freeze for your mum to discover, now is it? Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pisshead. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you dont want to go sievin through pig ****, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig". "

hazletbassist89 01-13-2009 11:28 PM

Just take all the mufflers out of your cars and make sure they're good and warmed up when you need to go for a drive at 3:30 in the morning. Then just blame it on them not shoveling. It doesn't make much logical sense, but apparently these aren't the smartest people we're dealing with here;)

CandiMan 01-14-2009 01:46 AM

Too bad you have a pansy for a landlord. Is there a city ordinance that your neighbor may be violating by not shoveling the snow? If a city violation does exist, I would file a complaint against the landlord and force his hands to do something. If you lived in a sub-division with a HOA, this would be something your HOA can address. If all else fails, you may have to concede and snow blow their driveway. From the way it sounds, the benefits of snow blowing their driveway outweigh the negatives. You’re also thinking about the rock salt from the wrong point of view. If you snow blow today and apply salt, it will keep the snow at bay for a couple weeks. Who cares if it tears up the concrete in the long run, that’s the landlord problem if/when it happens.

Spike555 01-14-2009 06:43 PM

Update, I went and talked to him again and this time I told him that I was going to call the landlord if they did not have their driveway clear by morning.
He is shoveling as I type.

These people are not the sharpest tools in the shed, these people are the rusty tools that are laying next to the shed because it takes to much effort to open the shed door.

If you stay on top of the snow everyday like I do then it takes10mins do to the whole driveway, without breaking a sweat, it will take him 30 mins of hard heavy snowplow packed snow shoveling to clear the end of his drive.

Now maybe it would have been easier for me to just do his drive with my snowblower like I have done many times before.
But these are the people, you know the kind I mean, who expect every one else to do their work for them while they sit on their @ss' doing nothing.
I bust my butt working outside in the cold, wet pant legs frozen to the knee and I still clear my driveway after working 12 hours.
He sits in a factory all day stamping fenders for Chevy's.

Thank you every one for your input and support while I tried not to go insane.

Goose_Cat 01-14-2009 07:00 PM

Congrats, and I hope this is a happy ending for you. Best of Luck.

AK Rover 01-15-2009 02:02 PM

ORIGINAL: pilsner

.22 short (.22 LR are just too noisy)
good shovel
tyvek jumpsuit
latex gloves
plastic tarp
50 lbs of lye per adult (adjust amount based on body weight for teens)
remote location (oportunity to use rover here)

problem solved

PS - headshots! headshots! headshots!

prolly some legal issues here but oh well.....

I have some 22 LR subsonic ammunition that when fired out of my bolt action hardly makes a sound and has more punch than the 22 short.

britishracinggreen 01-15-2009 03:03 PM

This is the most entertaining thread on a slow day at work ever.

heromanLSU 01-15-2009 05:51 PM

Well, I am not a lawyer and therefore cannot give "legal advice"...but I am a second year law student...so,

1. You have no legal remedy in court against the tenants because they do not owe you any duty and you have not suffered any sort of loss or damage monetarily.
2. If I understand correctly, you and the neighbors share the same landlord. The landlord does owe you a duty to provide a safe living space. Therefore the landlord is the correct person to solve the problem.

Your best bet is to do just what you did and talk to the tenants peaceably and maybe work out some sort of deal where you share some of the upkeep. Good luck.

tomfraser 01-15-2009 06:03 PM

Just read through the thread and the only options are really:

1.ask the people
2.ask the landlord
3.claim that you cannot safely leave the driveway and withold rent until landlord fixes this (if you are willing to hire lawyer/go to court
4. (SIMPLEST) bite the bullet and spend the extra 10 minutes and do it for the bastards