Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brass Bleeder Screw Installed and fits nice from eBay

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same Bleeder and it compliments the brass Diff plugs I got from you (thanks Bosshogt). I'm keeping my old plastic plug as a spare in case I ever loose the nice one down a drain.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:26 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Wow its a small world in Rover Land. Kinda like mountain biking. Every time I open my hood to check fluid levels, the brass bleeder screw puts a smile on grin on my face.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:54 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's ok !!! The new brass screw is perfect !!!

Thanks !!!

Old 01-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Brass Bleeder screw

What is the BMW part#?

Old 01-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

The BMW part is plastic as far as I know. The brass one is an aftermarket piece. You can get a plastic one here: Coolant Bleeder Screw (On Expansion Tank) - Uro 17111712788 | FCP Euro or you can get a brass one here (among other places): Brass Radiator Bleeder Screw (See application list) - Turner Motorsport
Might want to check out this thread before you switch to brass: Forget the brass bleed screw! - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Old 01-10-2013, 11:46 AM
Winching
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I switched out to this almost 2 years ago, I keep a spare in the truck as well. EVERYONE should do this. the easiest 5 dollar fix we have.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:15 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Good to know you have been using one for 2 years with no issues. I hadn't heard of any failed t's caused by using a brass bleeder screw but I thought I'd post that thread just in case.

Has anyone experienced any issues with the brass bleeder screws? I imagine the t in our Discoveries is more forgiving than the radiator tank in the BMW's where their bleed screws are positioned, but it would be good to hear from others that have been using the brass screw for a while.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:42 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I am finding cheaper price now and free shipping on Ebay from the same seller

New Brass Coolant Tank Bleed Screw BMW E30 E31 E32 | eBay

Old 01-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you're in a pinch, this works well too. Got it at advance auto. Costs $10.99 and it comes with two so you have an automatic spare. Seals itself in there and then the small unscrews for bleeding. I like it.

Bizrate Mobile

Old 10-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by MC04DII
If you're in a pinch, this works well too. Got it at advance auto. Costs $10.99 and it comes with two so you have an automatic spare. Seals itself in there and then the small unscrews for bleeding. I like it.

Bizrate Mobile
What part at advance auto?????

My screw broke off when I was bleeding it yesterday and the dealership was trying to tell me I needed to buy an entire hose assembly . I knew that was a bunch of malarchy so I came here to my standard land rover wise guys and lo and behold.

This is a fantastic thread. I ordered that part from the ebay seller for 9.95 with shipping but I have a broken half of a screw down in there which I can imagine is not the most reliable thing and so I may want to spring for the advanceauto part as a temporary solution. Thanks in advance for your response on that part number or more information. Thanks guys for helping this girl learn how to take care of her truck. Actually yesterday on the highway when I was fixing my overheating problem before the screw broke apart ( in my skirt suit, stocking and heels mind you ) a guy stopped to help and when he saw what I was doing he said "you obviously know what you are doing." Truly this is thanks to all of you and your generous sharing on this board. Many thanks for knowing that I can always come here to figure out a good fix.

Quick Reply: Brass Bleeder Screw Installed and fits nice from eBay