Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brush Guard Lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011 | 12:12 PM
|
Drifting
Default Brush Guard Lights

I just bought this Discovery well 3 months back. And Im trying to get these lights to work. They are factory installed I think?? Heres a couple pics for you to see. I hope someone out there my help me in my quest. In the pics are the sealed unit for them.

Attached Thumbnails Brush Guard Lights-003.jpg   Brush Guard Lights-004.jpg   Brush Guard Lights-005.jpg   Brush Guard Lights-008.jpg  
Old 02-08-2011 | 12:54 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by JKFL03
I just bought this Discovery well 3 months back. And Im trying to get these lights to work. They are factory installed I think?? Heres a couple pics for you to see. I hope someone out there my help me in my quest. In the pics are the sealed unit for them.
What are they doing or not doing?
1st off, if factory, you need you have your high beams on to turn them on. Check all your connections and look to make sure the fuse under the hood (near that black box) is good. I'm having an issue with mine right now here I believe the relay (in that block box) is bad. See if you are getting power to the relay, and go from there. Should be either a bad switch, bad relay or bad lights. Make sure connections are clean too, and that all 8 pins for the relay are in and good.

Old 02-08-2011 | 01:59 PM
|
Drifting

thanks for the your reply, I now Im getting power to the relay, The fuse on the back of the black box the relay is good. The switch does not light up, so im thinking its the relay. My question is can you just put in a regular relay or dose it need to be this sealed unit? Thanks
again.

Old 02-08-2011 | 03:06 PM
TReK

I feel like I remember seeing on another thread that the factory auxiliary lights have an 'asphalt sensor' so they are deactivated when on pavement....???

...Mine have worked sporadically for a while, I just haven't had the energy to try and track down the cause...

Old 02-08-2011 | 03:43 PM
|
Drifting

Nice, Well I guess I'll Throw more sand under it

Old 02-08-2011 | 03:58 PM
Drifting

Hi (first post)
I'm having the same issue. I have the aux light bar on top (4 helas). I have 2 factory switches inside on the left of the gauge cluster. Neither light up with or without the high beams on. The lights won't come on and as far as I can tell all fuses are good and I replaced the relays just incase. Fog lamps (front and rear) work. I plan on pulling the fuse box under the hood out to see if there is something lose or disconnected.

Are you serious about the 'asphalt sensor'? That would be the first for me but this my first LR and I've only had it a week.

Old 02-08-2011 | 04:02 PM
|
Drifting

do you have the same sealed relay box in ours? with the 15 amp fuse on the back?

Old 02-08-2011 | 04:39 PM
Drifting

That'd be the one. That fuse is good too.

Not sure if it related (shouldn't be) but the horn isn't working either. I have determined it isn't the steering wheel because it doesn't honk with the alarm either.

Old 02-08-2011 | 08:18 PM
Pro Wrench

JKFL03: You have a factory setup, or at least factory parts from your pictures. I bought some OEM lights on EBAY for cheap several years ago, and the OEM wiring kit from a dealer (not cheap). The best advise I can give is to download the RAVE manual, and get the installation instructions in the "accessory fitting instructions" section. By following the instructions for installing a new set, you should be able to determine if anything is missing from your setup. See where all of the wires connect, the fuses, relays, and grounds, then compare with what is in your vehicle.

Old 02-08-2011 | 08:23 PM
|
Drifting

Thanks for the info. Im going to try that.

Quick Reply: Brush Guard Lights