Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

buttons for horn keep popping out

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 02:43 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buttons for horn keep popping out

I am getting better when turning the steering wheel, but there are still times when my hand slides over the buttons and they pop out. I hate driving down the road trying to get them seated correctly without honking. Sometimes I need to just lay on the horn, but need to wait until no one is around. I guess pulling the fuse would work too (just to get the buttons back in). Has anyone come up with some creative ways of keeping them in place? I saw an old clip from Top Gear where they show off the new D2. One of the first things he says while drinving down the road is how he hits the horn while turning. I laughed my *** off when he said that.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: buttons for horn keep popping out

Post back if you find a fix. I've pulled the fuse and left it out. I use my boat every week-end and every time I back it down the ramp, that damn button comes out, and I feel like an idiot at the ramp trying to cram it back in.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:50 AM
Drifting

Mine did the same thing...every time my hand would brush over them....it would honk and pop out....I had the idependent Rover shop put new buttons in...and they haven't popped out in 2 years....

Old 02-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Drifting

Old thread I know but I had a similar problem when I bought my 03 D2. My button was broken and the horn was constantly on as well as popping out. Previous owner just pulled the horn fuse. It should be noted that the horn fuse is also connected to the cruise control so you'll lose that.

Best solution is to just replace the buttons. About $100 from dealer or online. Disconnect the battery, pull the airbag (4 hex heads on back of steering wheel) and connect the new switches.

I had to "break" the old ones out, the new ones just pop into their holders and connect up to the existing wireing harness.

Easy and no more popping.