Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadian used parts supplier - D2

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 08:06 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Canadian used parts supplier - D2

Fellow Canucks [and others];
We are returning to the great white north to Alberta in September/October to visit the MIL, and would like to find some used spare parts for my car to bring back here in South Africa thereafter. I have a whole suitcase to fill!
I have a silver 7 passenger 2002 D2 Td5 with Automatic transmission. I need;
  1. a Turbo heat shield (really just a piece of tin)
  2. Front passenger side - for North America - black 'A' pillar plastic trim along side the windshield, I never know what is considered right or left....
  3. Horn button wire harness in good condition
  4. the plastic top cover for the Wabco self leveling suspension compressor box
  5. the two black handles for the fold away seats in the back, the ones on the side
  6. The center headrest for the middle row of seats, in grey. Just the headrest with the two posts sticking out.
  7. A grey colored cubby box for the back cargo door.
  8. A spare key with fob and electronics, with bar code for recoding.
I also have a wish list of items that I can live without but would kind of like to get sometime - front grill, the two OEM front floor mats, side marker light, CDL linkage with lever, **** and everything needed to convert my CDL-less 2002 into a CDL equipped unit (My transfer case has CDL but there is no linkage...) and maybe the yellow front signal light marker lamps. If I had the chance to dream big I would look for a front bumper too, but how the heck would I ship it here, so I will make do with what I have for now.

Do any of you know a reliable supplier of these types of used parts in Canada, or a website that might be accessed from over here in Johannesburg? Obviously, cost is a factor, I work as an unpaid volunteer over here so I need the best possible price, hence the need for used parts, so a wrecker or someone with a car they are stripping around the Edmonton or Calgary area would be useful information. I need the option of paying via credit card if I buy online. I prefer not to use Paypal, but it is an option. American suppliers would be OK, but the CDN dollar is taking a pounding in relation to the USD and shipping, duty and VAT would make it less attractive.

Finally, where do you buy the Nanocom or Hawkeye for a reasonable price in Canada? British Atlantic is about 200 bucks higher than the UK, so I cannot afford the ones they sell.

Any helpful information would be appreciated. Feel free to answer on the forum or PM me. Thanks a lot!!

Attached Thumbnails Canadian used parts supplier - D2-disco-2-lake-sibaya.jpg  

Last edited by Joe Btfsplik; 06-17-2015 at 08:09 AM.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

I purchased my nanocom direct from them. They run specials from time to time.
Seems like you could find some of that stuff at a local wreckers...oh, and as I am not much help I can at least tell you that while sitting in the driver seat ( or any seat facing forward ) right-hand side of the truck is your right hand side and your left-hand side is it's left-hand side

Last edited by dusty1; 06-17-2015 at 08:49 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Joe Btfsplik (06-17-2015)