Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering Wiper Arm Swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014 | 12:26 PM
|
Rock Crawling
Default Considering Wiper Arm Swap

I am considering a wiper arm swap for my DII in order to have easier access to replacement blades and have slightly stranger downward pressure of the DI arms..

Atlantic British sells a complete swap kit, but they don't include the rear arm and blade in their kit, it's only for the front.

Does anyone know if the DI rear arm will fit on the DII?

They sell the DI arm separately, they just don't market it as a replacement for the DII like they do the front arms.

Old 01-11-2014 | 01:15 PM
Rock Crawling

Yes the rear arm fits but you have to get creative mounting the rear sprayer if you go with the D1 arm.

Old 01-11-2014 | 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Yes. Rear arm fits. You have to rig the washer, I used zip ties.

I bought the front kit from rovers north, at the time it was a little cheaper. I got the rear arm from AB.

Old 01-11-2014 | 02:14 PM
Baja

I'd check some junk yards, especially the you pull places.

Old 01-12-2014 | 08:57 AM
Winching

Check eBay too. I got the fronts and rear for under $50 on there about a year ago.

Old 01-12-2014 | 09:21 AM
Overlanding

I don't know if this helps or not, but mentioning the rear arm. I bought the 14d that was supposed to fit my 04 arm and it did not. The blade itself however popped right out and fit into the old arm perfectly and easily with no modification.

Trico 14-D Exact Fit Rear Wiper Blade, 14" (Pack of 1) : Amazon.com : Automotive Trico 14-D Exact Fit Rear Wiper Blade, 14" (Pack of 1) : Amazon.com : Automotive

Old 01-12-2014 | 09:40 AM
|
Rock Crawling

I'm pretty sure that I will buy new, rather than used. I may just try to upgrade the springs in the arms first, along with lubricating the articulation point near the stem.

The driver's arm, in particular, tends to stick out away from the window at the top of the swipe and not make solid contact with the glass. Especially if there is a little bit of ice or frost on the glass. Perhaps a stronger spring on the arm would resolve it. It currently doesn't snap back against the window when you pull the arm up away from the glass. It's more of a slow lazy return.

If a spring doesn't fix it, I think I would opt for new arms just to eliminate getting a used set with the same issues. The major advantage of going to the DI Arms is the wider selection of blades and ease of availability.

Old 01-22-2014 | 08:02 PM
|
Rock Crawling

Ordered DI Front arms and blades and a replacement DII Rear blade tonight...

Old 01-22-2014 | 08:42 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by TripleThreat
Ordered DI Front arms and blades and a replacement DII Rear blade tonight...
I'd be interested in knowing how it goes - I'm at that point myself. Mine aren't synchronizing as they had prior to the last snow storm and I'm on the verge of stress eating Keep us posted please..

Old 01-22-2014 | 09:29 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by TripleThreat
I am considering a wiper arm swap for my DII in order to have easier access to replacement blades and have slightly stranger downward pressure of the DI arms..

Atlantic British sells a complete swap kit, but they don't include the rear arm and blade in their kit, it's only for the front.

Does anyone know if the DI rear arm will fit on the DII?

They sell the DI arm separately, they just don't market it as a replacement for the DII like they do the front arms.
There is a YouTube video on the replacement of all three and I think it is by Atlantic Brittish. Is may be one of the other big vendors. I saw it a couple of days ago.. If I can find the link I will post.

Quick Reply: Considering Wiper Arm Swap