Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

constant ding ding ding!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 09:02 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default constant ding ding ding!!!!!

Damn this is driving me NUTS!!! I have a constant dinging comming from the drivers side of the dash. The only light lit on the dash is the one with the arrow up and down next to the pix of the Truck I know it's a height sensor bell but I need to disable the alarm. It goes on after rain or over 20MPH any ideas of where this alarm is or is it something other than the obvious.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:49 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Did you do a coil conversion, if so did you pull the 30 amp fuse and did you have a shop turn off the SLS?

Old 02-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Three Wheeling

Mike did not do a coil conversion. I ran a hose with a "T" fitting to the air bags, and have elimanated the pump for now. I just need to either unplug the alarm or just shoot a hole in the dash in that general area. LOL I want to get back and do the pump over and restore the system to original. I had a pump problem and am in the process of getting it redone Thanks and do you think a .410 gauge slug will take it out?? LOL

Old 02-25-2012, 11:21 AM
Administrator

No, you need to do what I mentioned in my reply to you.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Three Wheeling

I did not turn off the SLS and did not remove any 30 amp fuse. Can we just cut to the chase and give me and idea of what to do.....I really hate the noise and it's such a PITA to listen to it. Do I need a Rover Mech to disable the SLS ? Thanks for ANY HELP...........................

Old 02-25-2012, 12:15 PM
Three Wheeling

So I guess the answer is to spend all this money at a dealer/repair shop to diable my bells.....there is no way to do this myself. I'm sure someone has done this before and not had to go and spend useless time and waste of money to stop the dinging. Are These Rovers that bad that a simple unplug the buzzer won't work for the time being?? Makes me think that maybe a good old american made car is better. At least the people that want to help will offer a solution to stop the annoying buzzer till I get to a shop. Here I have to spend 1 hour going to the shop and spend $$ to do a simple unplug. I'll find a solution to the noise BEFORE I go to the dealer/repairer. The noise is just aggrivating for right now.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Administrator

What is your problem, you ask for help, making a big deal out of nothing and then still complain, some people just don't take advise well, makes you wonder why they even ask for help.

Old 02-25-2012, 05:32 PM
Three Wheeling

All I did was ask a simple question and I get the SM answer to take it to a dealer/shop and have them run a test and eliminate the code. Maybe it's not the advise we get sometimes it's the way it's put into words. We aren't a bunch of kids here,so we try to learn from people that supposenly know about these things. If people aren't willing to take the time and try to help us why bother answer at all??? I get either a look it up on Rave or take it to a dealer/shop. Ya that's the easy way out.....but I want to learn something and maybe do it myself and help others in the process....but then I guess that's just me. I would rather get my hands dirty and feel the accomplishment of doing it myself. So I guess it's off to somewhere, where people with the knowledgement want to share it and are abt to give it a try. I thought we could learn something here, but with some of the answers I get I am wrong.

Old 02-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

The buzzer you hear is a SLS warning along with the light on the dash.
To stop it you need to pull the SLS fuse, the warning lamp will still be on but the buzzer should shut off.
You need to basically do the same thing as if you had done a coil conversion only do NOT take it to the dealer to have the SLS turned off in the BCU since you are going to be putting it back together once you have all the parts.
Once you put it back together put the fuse back and you should be good to go.

Old 02-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Spike555
The buzzer you hear is a SLS warning along with the light on the dash.
To stop it you need to pull the SLS fuse, the warning lamp will still be on but the buzzer should shut off.
You need to basically do the same thing as if you had done a coil conversion only do NOT take it to the dealer to have the SLS turned off in the BCU since you are going to be putting it back together once you have all the parts.
Once you put it back together put the fuse back and you should be good to go.
A simple Thank You is not enough !! You saved my D2 from a sudden death by the firing squad . LMAO Thanks again!!!!

Quick Reply: constant ding ding ding!!!!!