Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crash - Someone pulled out in front of me

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 08:13 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 117 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Crash - Someone pulled out in front of me

Ugh...bad day yesterday. Someone pulled out from turn lane right in front of me. Just bought brand new paint, headlights grill, as well as too many things added during the quarantine. Luckily my ARB bumper protected most everything. Not looking for help just wanted to share my pain.

Old 06-21-2020, 08:35 AM
Received 393 Likes on 306 Posts

Post pictures

Old 06-21-2020, 10:17 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 65 Likes on 42 Posts

I want to see how well the bumper protected your truck. I am getting tired of replacing bumpers on mine from careless parkers, so I am thinking of "upgrading" to something similar.

Old 06-21-2020, 11:59 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,189 Likes on 850 Posts

Sorry to hear this. Been a bit crazy out there on the road lately, like everyone's forgot how to drive.

Friday, was driving up a five lane road, closest to the turn lane, when suddenly the dump truck in front of me whipped into the turn lane. It catches my immediate attention, because it looked unplanned. Sure enough, here comes a guy in a pickup, with his left blinker on...in my lane (driving along side the turn lane). As l approach, without him even noticing me or the other lane of traffic...he simply turns across the lane beside me and into the entrance of Walmart.

Then to top things off...moments later...had a lady run a stop sign (4-way stop), luckily...l'd just started to make my lefthand turn and got on the brakes...as l noticed she was coming in pretty hot. She looked up from her phone just in time to see me partially in the intersection...and the stop sign. She tried to get it stopped...but there was no way...so she smiled and waved as she slipped past me.

There's been no time like the present...for paying a little more attention to your surroundings.

Hope you are able to repair your Dll, looks like you've done some work to her.

Old 06-21-2020, 12:45 PM
Rock Crawling

Here are some pics. So hit the guy probably at 25-30mph. Could have been worse.

Old 06-21-2020, 12:46 PM
Rock Crawling

Oh and the sedan I hit completely ripped off the entire bumper. Made me feel some what better :-)

The following users liked this post:
Richard Gallant (06-21-2020)
Old 06-21-2020, 01:13 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 439 Likes on 299 Posts

Sucks, but yes! that bumper bar really saved you front end.

Old 06-21-2020, 03:00 PM
Rock Crawling

hopefully that is just a new fender away from being fixed.

Old 06-21-2020, 11:18 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 151 Likes on 104 Posts

ARB saves the day. Many suggest there are better bumpers for approach angles and weight savings but the truth is all of our trucks spend more time on pavement and the hazards that go with it. Your truck looks pretty good for a 20-30mph impact.

I had someone catch my rear steel AB bumper a while back. My bumper was slightly maybe 1/2 inch displaced, the quarter panel and the hood on the other car was demolished. Looked like a cannon ball had been shot through it.

took a tow strap and hooked up to a billboard post and pulled the bend in my bumper out.

Old 06-22-2020, 10:20 AM
Rock Crawling

that is the reason I went with the steel rear bumper. I have been hit twice in the rear with the stock plastic bumper. After the second time the steel one went on. Nobody has hot it since, but I have nice gray streak across the driver's side front where a careless parker at work pulled out and got me. I know what car it is too, but to judge by it, there is nothing to be gained by going after the owner. It is a completely unmaintained POS

Quick Reply: Crash - Someone pulled out in front of me