Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise Control

Ok here is my story, I have read many threads on the C.C. vacum issues and decided to check if this could be my problem, I found three of three cracked hoses and cut away the cracked parts and was able to refit hoses on barbs withour any cost. Needless to say evryone was right this fixed my cruise control, but what I did not expect is how much better my truck runs and believe it or not after 10 or 12 starts the C.E.S. light goes out for the first time in a couple of months, thanks for all of the info, also the power from a stop has improved a bunch.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: Cruise Control

Most people dont realize how much a smallvacum leak and effect the engine.
Glad to hear your cruise is working and your trk is running better.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:56 PM
Mudding

You don't say what year your vehicle is, but.....the cruise control sysem on many Disco's if not all of them does not use manifold vacuum, rather a separate electric vacuum pump supplies all the vacuum needed. So, in general, the "state" of the manifold vacuum system in regard to leaks should be unchanged by replacing the vacuum hoses on the cruise control. Are you sure you didn't actually replace a non-cruise control related vacuum hose in addition to the cruise-control hoses? It is only manifold vacuum leaks that would affect the performance of the truck.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Overlanding

I believe it to be a 1997 it is in the signature didn't think to add it to the post, and no I'm not sure of anything it was the three hoses from the T one goes through firewall one to throttle and on under left front corner of fender, I don't dispute what you say in any way I just know my truck gets much better fuel milage and runs like new also the Check Engine Lite that has been on for two months has now gone out after 10 to 12 starts, seems great to me and that is why I started the post with THAT"S MY STORY.
P.S. yes the lite comes on when I first turn the ignition so it still works

Old 06-29-2008, 05:37 PM
1st Gear

Thank you ,Thank you , Thank you!!! I was about to go to the local $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$LR$$$$$$$$$$$$$ dealer to find out why my cruise control quit working. After reading your message I looked under the bonnet and found a cracked hose at thebelows from which a cable goes to the throttle. Cut the tip off and put it back on. PRESTO!! Cruise Control Works again!!!!!!!!! THanks, JD

Old 06-29-2008, 05:49 PM
Mudding

If you found a cracked hose, and cutting out the crack restored your Cruise Control, it should be a warning beacon to you that you should replace all the Cruise Control hoses, as all the rubber (not just the hose end) is deteriorating and will crack again. I had this happen to me. I just cut off the ends, and then after a while Cruise quit again, found one of my newly cut ends was cracked again. It just takes a few minutes to replace all the hoses relating to the Cruise.