Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D2 mantec snorkle

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 03:13 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D2 mantec snorkle

Hi
Does any body out there know of where I can get a mantec snorkel for my D2. I have tried a few reputable suppliers and they all come back telling me that Mantec are now in liquidation. There must be someone in the world that has this snorkel. Any help would be great.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:25 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 185 Likes on 117 Posts
Old 11-27-2017, 08:32 PM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

Get a 3" aluminum tube and a Defender 3" snorkel raised intake top and a 3" flexible hose for intake and build it yourself if you want to save. A days work.

Old 12-17-2017, 04:23 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 159 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Merlin 4x4
Hi
Does any body out there know of where I can get a mantec snorkel for my D2. I have tried a few reputable suppliers and they all come back telling me that Mantec are now in liquidation. There must be someone in the world that has this snorkel. Any help would be great.
You may have found one but I read somewhere that Mantec is going out of business. I ordered one yesterday from John Craddock in the UK. $300, not bad.

Old 12-17-2017, 07:22 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank4
You may have found one but I read somewhere that Mantec is going out of business. I ordered one yesterday from John Craddock in the UK. $300, not bad.
Sorry to say but you will probably get a refund from them on Monday. I got mine from them just over a week ago and turned someone else onto them and theirs was delivered last week. When I went to order another from them on Thursday I received a refund on Friday. I was told that they had sold their last one.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:44 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 159 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by alpinacsi
Sorry to say but you will probably get a refund from them on Monday. I got mine from them just over a week ago and turned someone else onto them and theirs was delivered last week. When I went to order another from them on Thursday I received a refund on Friday. I was told that they had sold their last one.
Well, ****.

Old 12-18-2017, 02:36 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,275 Likes on 896 Posts

Originally Posted by LR03NJ
Get a 3" aluminum tube and a Defender 3" snorkel raised intake top and a 3" flexible hose for intake and build it yourself if you want to save. A days work.
Yep, made mine for less than 20 bucks in about 2 days, plus maybe another for painting, granted I had the 2 1/2 inch exhaust pipe.

Might not be the best looking snorkel around, but to invest a few hundred into one...for this thing...didn't make since to me. Have a detailed account/pictures of the procedure for making it in my build topic.

Brian.

Old 12-19-2017, 04:37 AM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Merlin 4x4
Hi
Mantec are one of the most expensive and are potentially down the drain (kaput) so IMHO find one of the many alternatives to Mantec, don't waste your cash as some are relatively cheap.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:09 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Mantec are one of the most expensive and are potentially down the drain (kaput) so IMHO find one of the many alternatives to Mantec, don't waste your cash as some are relatively cheap.

They were not the most expensive but there are cheaper alternatives that can be purchased. Unfortunately not all of us like the big plastic (insert your own choice) that sits on the fender. True: there are eBay knockoffs of anything but the Safari Snorkel was actually more expensive than the Mantec. Glad I was able to get mine when I did as it saved me the trouble of having to make my own. "The Deputy" made his own and in my opinion; looks 100 times better than the plastic down the side of the fender. I guess if we all liked the same things it would be a very dull and boring place to be.

Old 12-20-2017, 02:59 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by alpinacsi
They were not the most expensive but there are cheaper alternatives that can be purchased. Unfortunately not all of us like the big plastic (insert your own choice) that sits on the fender. True: there are eBay knockoffs of anything but the Safari Snorkel was actually more expensive than the Mantec. Glad I was able to get mine when I did as it saved me the trouble of having to make my own. "The Deputy" made his own and in my opinion; looks 100 times better than the plastic down the side of the fender. I guess if we all liked the same things it would be a very dull and boring place to be.
Very true, everyone has their own preferences on the add-ons, personally I prefer a stock D2 and never been a snorkel fan unless deep wading or desert trekking but that's my choice maybe not everyone's, personal choice is everyone's prerogative.

Quick Reply: D2 mantec snorkle