Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D2 SLS problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2021, 09:09 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post D2 SLS problem

Hi folks,

I've been trawling the internet and forums for an answer but can't seem to find anything on this problem so was hoping some of you might know the answer. I'll try to give as much information as I can.

So, I've got a 2004 TD5 Discovery 2 and the issue is with the SLS/Air suspension. When I first get in, start it up, all (except the three amigos) the normal lights go out as expected. The suspension also drops down when the doors open, as it should if stopped for easier access and raises up again when setting off. I can also press and activate the offroad suspension mode, and it raises up fine on both sides, and drops down fine again when pressed again. No obvious leaks or hissing or air coming out of the system and it holds height and checking the components, the airbags and the height sensors appear to be fine.

However, as soon as I go above what seems to be 35mph or in and around that, the SLS lights come on on the dash and remain on after dropping below this speed again. But when I turn it off and back on again, the lights are out. And I can drive about for as long as I like below this speed and they never come on and I have no issues with the SLS.

Note the vehicle does have an abs fault in the front left so the ABS, TC and HDC lights (The three amigos) are on (known issue it's on the list of things to get fixed when I find the time) so I'm not sure if it is just related to this or if it is a separate issue.

Has anyone seen this before or know what the issue might be to even give me a point in the right direction as to what the problem here is. It's not a huge issue but driving around with a dash lit up like a Christmas tree gets old rather quickly.

Thanks in advance,

A

Old 11-30-2021, 06:26 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,462 Likes on 1,038 Posts

Likely a height sensor fault. You need to read the codes for the fault.

The following users liked this post:
A.Stew (12-01-2021)
Old 12-01-2021, 05:35 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I'll see if I can get a hold of a scan tool to see what is going on