Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Differential Lock Light on

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differential Lock Light on

Moanin all.

Had a blow out yesterday morning at 5am on my way to work she blew her left front boot (tire). Got the tire replaced and Go to get back in the road and notice the Differential Lock indicator is lit. The shifter is in neutral and not engaged yet I can't clear the light. I was amazed that I had no problem getting the vehicle into all four positions with no hassles since I have not tried to since I bought the vehicle in December and I have no idea how long it has been before I had her.:confused

I have tried reversing with the 4wd in high and low and still cannot get the light to clear. I have search these forums and others and have not found a solution. I have also been searching the Rave manual. I guess I'm still learning how to use it as I'm not finding anything there. I did find information on a switch and how it works in conjunction with the ignition switch bat that was all.

I now will also have to re repair the damage to the right front sections of the vehicle that I had just repaired a few weeks ago from the dog incident.

Any ideas???

I am going to post in other forums as well and I know some of you are there too!!!!

Thanx A bunch.

The Goose

Old 04-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hahaha, thanks for calling us out Goose!! lol, just giving you a hard time.. I don't know man, I don't have CDL on mine so I wouldn't know where to start my friend!

Does it have to be in gear and dis-engaged for the light to go off? I know on mine, if the shifter is in neutral, I have a light on the dash that wont go off..

just a thought..

Regards,

Old 04-20-2010, 10:49 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

What year and model are you driving?

Old 04-20-2010, 11:06 AM
Drifting

OOOOOPS after seeing the replies I realized that on this forum I do not have that info. DOH!!!!!!!!

98 D1, 162k miles, Poorly Maintained by PO. Have put new shock and u-joints, Put on 265/70/r16 wranglers yesterday. Had to remove ignition switch cause she ate and swallowed half the key.

As for Diff Lock Light. It had always been off before which acording to the OM means the differential is disengaged, Light supposed to come on only when you put it in any of the 4 positions.

The Goose

Last edited by Rover_Goose; 04-20-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:02 PM
Recovery Vehicle

With mine, I sometimes have to drive a few feet for the light to turn off. You can also try switching it over while rolling slowly, it may help.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:09 PM
Drifting

Already tried that and it has not worked. I have seen something about removing the solenoid but thats if you can't put it into low or high. I think the problem is electrical. I have looked at all the vac lines I knew of. I'm also going to disconnect the battery for a bit and see if that helps.

The Goose

Old 04-20-2010, 01:21 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

on my DII sometimes the light is slow to come on when CDL is engaged and slow to go out when it's dis-engaged. Not really sure what to do..isn't that important if you ask me..doesn't matter what the light says it's what position the lever is in that's important.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I think that I agree with nitetrain. Have you tried driving in something loose to see if the CDL is actually on when the lever is to the right? It might just be the light... I guess you should be careful though, it could be costly if it binds up

Old 04-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Drifting

Well this morning after approximately 220 miles the light went out all by itself. Apparently the switch finially unstuck itself. I am gonna get under there and spray the h3ll outta it with WD40 and hop that helps.

The Goose

Old 04-22-2010, 08:44 AM
Mudding

Yeah, Danny Lee i believe just had to replace something of that nature.. I will try and find the post and get it your way!

Take care,

Quick Reply: Differential Lock Light on