Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DII Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default DII Cruise Control

I've got bigger fish to fry at the moment, but I figured I'd throw this out there for anyone who might have an answer or suggestion.

Seems that the cruise control on the DII isn't working. I push the button the dash that looks like a bridge going across a highway...I'd like to know how that translates to "Cruise Control" from the queens english to American-English.

Anyhow, I push the "SET" button on the steering wheel and I get nothing.

I haven't bothered trying to chase this down yet...didn't even check fuses. But I think I read something about vacuum hoses but this may have been for the Disco I.

Any thoughts?
...If not, I'll ask Mike next time I call him to get my weekly lesson on Disco's.

thanks.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: DII Cruise Control

That is the correct button, does the little light come on when you press the button?

Old 05-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Rock Crawling

light comes on the bridge/highway dash button, but when I press "SET" on the steering wheel it doesn't seem to do anything. I've tried playing with it a little when I drove it on the highway last, but I couldn't get it to do anything...just didn't seem as though the steering controls were working.

...was just hoping there might be a common / easy fix. I'll be giving you a ring in the near future over some other stuff. Figured it'd make more sense to save up several questions and call you with them, rather than call every day with a question.

-Ken

Old 05-01-2008, 02:15 PM
TReK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most times its the vacuum lines that have split and are leaking, start with them.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Rock Crawling

Landzu-
Thanks for the heads-up on that...where do the vacuum lines run?

nevermind...page 521+ Rave CD / Workshop manual covers the vacuum pump assembly, control valve, dump valve (if so equipped) etc. I'll check at the throttle cable and work my way backwards.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:25 PM
TReK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can back trace them from the vacuum servo, on the throttle on the Disco I one goes in the fire wall by the brake booster and the other goes to the vacuum pump up by the air filter, Disco II should not be much different. If it is someone will let you know.
If you find the line to be bad change it all for $5 worth of line just do it once.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if it is just my Disco II but when I 'press' my cruise buttons nothing happens ... when I 'pull' them toward me then they work.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Drifting

Do your horns work?Part of theCC runs through that fuse. The little orange indicator light will still light if the fuse is bad and or missing.

My 03 had a stuck horn switch when I bought it and the previous owner just pulled the fuse to keep the horn quiet, the CC didn't work until I replaced the switches and horn fuse.

BTW the fuse for the horns is in the engine bay fuse box. Took me way to long to look there...

Old 05-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Mudding

On my Disco one, the Cruise Control switch has a faint green light when the headlights are on (dash illumination?) but pushing it in, makes no difference in the light at all, it doesn't "light up", and the cruise control doesn't work. I replaced the vacuum hoses. My horns work, my rear wiper works. (possible cruise control fuse sharing).

Old 05-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Initially, I thought that my cruise wasn't working, either. But, as another poster said,forthe heck of it I tried"pulling" the set buttonand holding it up for a second.

Bass ackwards, but that's the way of it.