Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

disco 1 performance

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 01:07 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default disco 1 performance

is there anything fairly easy to get a little better performance from my disco? I have a K&N filter and am about to install a borla cat back system. Am I missing anything? I've been told there is not much you can do since my truck lacks a distributor.

Old 07-25-2005, 01:47 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: disco 1 performance

I built a cold air intake, which i think you can buy, I also did an electric fan, I added a flowmaster inb place of the stock muffler and remover the rear resnatior, All this gave it a bit more power and performance, Discos are not racecars but i do understand the need for a lil more power, makes it more reliable to pass on the highway.

Old 07-25-2005, 02:57 PM
Mudding

Where would one find this cold air intake? I guess that's about all I have left I can do. How does your flowmaster sound? I have a borla muffler on my jeep and it turned it up a notch. I was kinda curious how it is going to go over on the disco

Old 07-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Rock Crawling

There is a computer chip that can be installed, check it out good before you put it in. IF you have any doubt about it don't use it. The other have given good information and the flowmasters sound great. low rumble and a little more kick. Make sure you try to match the air intake flow with the exhaust flow, More air in and unable to get it out increases back pressure on the motor and there is not benefit. Plugs and plug wires are a good thing. (high proformance). Hope it helps. gotta love a rover.

Old 07-26-2005, 03:06 PM
Overlanding

i will be installing a set of janspeed headers next week. i will also be installing some high flow cats and possibly build a catback exhaust. i own a 4wd dyno so i will get some before and after numbers to post up.

Old 07-26-2005, 08:24 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: beavis4g63t

i will be installing a set of janspeed headers next week. i will also be installing some high flow cats and possibly build a catback exhaust. i own a 4wd dyno so i will get some before and after numbers to post up.
is your steering wheel on the left or right side of the truck?

*researches janspeed*

god damnit! will anyone make headers for left drive Discos? someone should write a letter.

Old 07-26-2005, 10:56 PM
Mudding

left

Old 07-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Rock Crawling

It may be against what everyone may tell me. But i bought a chip from Ebay after weeks of research. I dont know what normal 0-60 is but when i got mine it was at about 12 flat. I'm getting about 6.8 now. I needed a boost for on ramp here in michigan. Most dangerous in the country. Merge lane are just feet to get on. And michigan drivers are very stuborn.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:32 PM
TReK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 99LRDisc

It may be against what everyone may tell me. But i bought a chip from Ebay after weeks of research. I dont know what normal 0-60 is but when i got mine it was at about 12 flat. I'm getting about 6.8 now. I needed a boost for on ramp here in michigan. Most dangerous in the country. Merge lane are just feet to get on. And michigan drivers are very stuborn.
You should start a new post in the "Modifications" forum so all the nay sayers can be schooled.
I have.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

The K&N airfilter will kill your MAF sensor.
Not much you can do to a Disco, change your gears in your axles.
These are trks, not cars, you need to plan ahead. You CAN merge, how do you think us truck drivers do it?
How fast do you need to go?

Quick Reply: disco 1 performance