Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco 2 isofix

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 12:18 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disco 2 isofix

Hi folks,

Does anyone know if it's possible to retro fit Isofix brackets to a 2000 pre facelift disco 2?

I know other car manufacturers sell the brackets sell the brackets that can be bolted into cars that don't have them as I did this with a vw Passat.

Are disco 2 Isofix brackets a bolt on part or welded in as part of the floor pan?

Cheers

J

Old 02-21-2016, 11:34 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 178 Likes on 165 Posts

I had to google the term ISOFIX, because I have never heard of the term. Come to find out different countries/regions call it different names.
For any member that may not know the term.
ISOFIX is the international standard for attachment points for child safety seats in passenger cars. The system has other regional names including LATCH ("Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children") in the United States and UAS ("Universal Anchorage System") or Canfix in Canada.
That being said, I will look on my D2 tomorrow and see how the things are attached.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:53 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks,

Thinking about how the seats work in a disco, I can only imagine that they are part of the seats themselves rather than something on the rest floor plan.

I am thinking about buying a discovery and it will be pre facelift so (if they are part of the seats) I suppose a set of later seats could be an option.