Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco 2 Lockers?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 10:53 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Disco 2 Lockers?!?

So i went to a land Rover shop and they determined my problem is lifters, i can start dumping money on the beast!!

First is CDL, then tires, then bull bar, then lockers... i kind of have the money for everything except lockers.

What are you all using for lockers and what do you recommend??
Please no ARB air locker or Eaton electric locker (for the price of one ARB locker and a compressor with shipping and handling, i can do both mechanical).

Thx.

Please keep in mind i just came from the Jeep (95' YJ) world so i don't know much about these cars except they have an insane traction control system lol.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:12 PM
Winching

Not trying to be a jerk. But this was covered Very well last week. lol

Sounds like you want a Tru Trac up front and a Detroit in the rear with HD axles/cvs.

Search "lockers" and you will get some good threads. Read up and if you have any more questions just ask. Glad another jeep owner has seen the light!

Old 07-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jupiter Rover
Not trying to be a jerk. But this was covered Very well last week. lol

Sounds like you want a Tru Trac up front and a Detroit in the rear with HD axles/cvs.

Search "lockers" and you will get some good threads. Read up and if you have any more questions just ask. Glad another jeep owner has seen the light!
Sorry for not using the search option. I'll do more research right now.

edit: I see you're in Jupiter, i'm in the Ft. Lauderdale Area. are there any good wheeling spots up there?? My buddies went to JB corbett and told me it was a waste of time. All they got was dirty air filters, lol.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Winching

Oh nice. You are very close. I go to FAU in boca. I know a guy on LandRoversonly.com who lives in ft.lauderdale. He has a OME lift and some all terrains. He knows some plaes closer to you. His name there is TCPL. Just send him a PM on LRO.

Its okay about the search thing. I wouldn't have said anything if it wasn't just covered. That is why I think no one is posting in this thread.

Anyways, I usually offroad in Corbett or go to plant bamboo for mud. Corbett is one of the Best places in Florida to wheel. Not sure what those guy are talking about. We live in Florida, which means it is relatively flat and no rocks. Just mud and trails and deep water, and Corbett is 100% Florida Wheeling

There are some more places in Florida. But they are all up north. There is Richloam 45min north of Tampa. Then there is Citrus and the Ocala national forest north of Orlando. There is also the Osceola national forest 30 min south of the Georgia border. Those are the big places, then there are small/privately owned places throughout the state.

Last edited by Jupiter Rover; 07-01-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Winching

What vehicles do your friends have? To get around in Corbett you usually need a good set of mud terrains and a snorkel. But there are bypass routes through the whole park for closer to stock vehicles. It is a really cool place.