Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disconecting the ABS on a 94 Disco

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 05:09 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disconecting the ABS on a 94 Disco

I have a 94 disco and i think my abs sensors are not working... because intermittently when I press the breaks i gets some resistance and hear a zzz noise.. it will be like 1500 dollars to get the sensors fixed and I dont have that money. I was suggested to disconect the abs motor.. I was wondering if anyone has tried this and if anyone has any comments.

cheers

m

Old 05-07-2005, 12:45 AM
Mudding
Default RE: Disconecting the ABS on a 94 Disco

Are you sure it is the sensors? Did you do a check of the fault codes? I can send you a test procedure that I believe works on the 94 Disco, as I think you have a Wabco ABS similar to my 95. I would also do the usual stuff-bleed the brake system, check fluid level...

Old 09-24-2005, 06:16 PM
6th Gear

I am have the same problem with 95 Disco Anti lock light stays on. Today I removed both front wheels pull out sensors and cleaned and put thme back in. Still have Anti lock light on. Does anyone have a test procedure for the sensors. The brakes seem to work fine. How do you check fault codes?

Old 09-24-2005, 06:24 PM
Three Wheeling

if you go down to metal on metal with your brakes your sensors are bad.. but to pull the codes you need a computer

Old 09-24-2005, 06:32 PM
6th Gear

The brake pads are in good shape. Is there a test procedure to test sensors or someway of knowing which wheel is sending the signal?

Old 09-25-2005, 12:14 AM
Winching

You can test the sensors. Using a DVOM on the Ohms scale, disconnect the sensor and measure the resistance across the two pins. Wiggle the sensor leads whilst doing this. If you get an open reading, the sensor is defective.

Old 09-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Mudding

You can also pull the blue test plug and jumper two of the connections and the ABS light will flash out the failure code sequence, telling you which sensor or line is having the problem.

Old 09-26-2005, 07:29 PM
6th Gear

Blue test Plug? Is it located under the driver side dash?

Do you have the code sequences and what they mean?

Old 10-01-2005, 09:19 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well the flash codes if they work (ha ha) dont. pull the sensors and dont break the phillips screw from hell holding them on (P B blaster overnight) then pull out each one and see if deformed or demaged. Then as said earlier take an ohm meter test the 2 pins then test each one (should be araound 10 ohms of each other) then to the shield tube of either pin each one (stainless piece around the base around an 2 inches long, any continuity above 40 ohms is a problem (oil or water) compare them to each other . One last note when replacing them clean the s--t out of the signal wheel inside the hub (brake clean)

Old 10-01-2005, 09:54 PM
6th Gear

I finally figuired (through other posting) how read out and get the the code. I had changed the Brake Light Switch last week because i couldn't get out of PARK. The yesterday I found out that my BRAKE LIGHTS are always on. So I piut the OLD switch back in the the brake lights and shift lever work fine. The ANTI LOCK light is still on. I did the Blue Test Plu. and got 2-6 code which says.

Brake Light Switch failed or fault in wiring. But all works fine. Has to be a way to reset that ANTI LOCK light

Quick Reply: Disconecting the ABS on a 94 Disco