Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discovery I VS Discovery II

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 04:41 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discovery I VS Discovery II

Hey guys

new to the forum. I own a Disco I and was wondering what does it take to convert it to a Disco II? i know the headlights are darkens, but are those interchangable? also bumpers, tailights, wheels i know. Are there any other significant differences I shoudl look into?

My disco I is completely stock, except for an 800K HID H4 conversion. easy install I must say, and it looks great

Old 01-22-2005, 07:49 AM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: Discovery I VS Discovery II

A few companies here in the UK will sell the bits to change the appearance of the Series one disco to a series two. Most of the parts are interchangeable, just expensive, unless you can find a scrap yard with one or two disco's in it.

Question is, why change, it is a classic design as it stands, and you can be proud of it. But that is me, I am not one for carrying out upgrades just to make it look like the newer models. I like to keep things as original as possible..

Old 02-02-2005, 07:26 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Discovery I VS Discovery II

Question is, why change, it is a classic design as it stands, and you can be proud of it. But that is me, I am not one for carrying out upgrades just to make it look like the newer models. I like to keep things as original as possible..
There is something to be said for this. Also, they will never look really the same. The d2 is longer, and the only body panels the 2 trucks share is the rear door. The d1 has floating axles, the d2 does not. The d2 will take more tire than a d1. The d1 has a low and vulnerable steering stabiliser, whereas the d2's is already relocated to a good location. If you really want to add a little touch to make your d1 look like a d2 (and add more tire clearence), cut your fenders higher and add d2 fender flares. Additionally, if you go with an aftermarket bumper, they tend to look more similar. I have a d2 with an arb bumper and from the front it looks strikingly similar to a d1 with the same bumper.