Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discovery II Complete Suspension Kit @ D.A.P.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Discovery II Complete Suspension Kit @ D.A.P.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this kit or experience with it?

I called and talked with them a minute ago and its sounds pretty good, is only a 2in lift but comes with springs, 2in long travel shocks, SS extended lines, and a set of extended rear sway bar links.

This kit is only $599 and would save me a LOT of money over doing a OME lift using 751 springs in the front and 763 rear springs, OME long travel shocks, and buying the rest of the parts separate. But with my original lift idea i would get probably 3in lift instead of only 2in.

What do you guy think the draw backs would be on this kit over the much more expensive OME kit?

Thanks for the help-

Old 09-01-2009, 12:04 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't know but with the OME 2" kit you don't need ss lines or new sway bars links the stock parts work just fine. The set of OME shocks and springs are $625 from lucky 8. I understand if you want ss brake lines though the rubber ones seem fine to me.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by lipadj46
I don't know but with the OME 2" kit you don't need ss lines or new sway bars links the stock parts work just fine. The set of OME shocks and springs are $625 from lucky 8. I understand if you want ss brake lines though the rubber ones seem fine to me.
The springs I choose from OME would give me a 3in lift so I might need the ABS and brake line extension though, I thought.

Well Lucky8 also offers the 3in kit using the same OME springs I wanted for $628. NICE... I am going to call them and ask what else I need to do to my DIsco to put the 3in kit on.

Thanks for your reply, I never knew about Lucky8 and they have all kinds of stuff.

Thanks-

Old 09-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Winching
Question

OK I just talked to Lucky8 - very nice and helpful over there.

They do use the 751 springs in the front and 763 rear springs for their 3in lift kit. They use OME shocks that are 2in longer travel then stock so you don't technically need to do anything else to the truck.

He said about $65 for shipping to Iowa, which is great. I think I am going to go ahead and get the extended SS brake lines anyway for like $90 and no additional shipping.

One more question; where is a good/cheap place to get the ABS extensions if I want to do that too?

Thanks-

Old 09-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm curious: what did Lucky 8 say about the need to extend lines/ABS for a 3-inch kit?

Old 09-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Winching

He said that you don't have to as long as you don't use long travel shocks that travel 2in or more over stock. If you do and one of your wheels reaches maximum hang you will snap the lines. But if you use the OME shocks that are only 2in longer than stock you will be fine.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by rj95lss
Does anyone have any thoughts on this kit or experience with it?

I called and talked with them a minute ago and its sounds pretty good, is only a 2in lift but comes with springs, 2in long travel shocks, SS extended lines, and a set of extended rear sway bar links.

This kit is only $599 and would save me a LOT of money over doing a OME lift using 751 springs in the front and 763 rear springs, OME long travel shocks, and buying the rest of the parts separate. But with my original lift idea i would get probably 3in lift instead of only 2in.

What do you guy think the draw backs would be on this kit over the much more expensive OME kit?

Thanks for the help-
For what it is worth, I believe Steve is selling the Big Blue coils, that are nothing special especial when put up against the OME or RTE. The shocks are one of the worst you can buy.
So, that being said, how much of a lift, exactly are you wanting? Stay with the proven suspensions, RTE and OME. As mentioned, you can buy a good OME kit from Lucky8 and feel the difference off road and on.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:13 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But you just want to go ahead and replace while you're at it for shi@@ and giggles?

Old 09-01-2009, 02:45 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Stainless steel brakes lines are a decent upgrade and pretty much the only easy thing to do to help reduce the mushiness of our brakes.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
For what it is worth, I believe Steve is selling the Big Blue coils, that are nothing special especial when put up against the OME or RTE. The shocks are one of the worst you can buy.
So, that being said, how much of a lift, exactly are you wanting? Stay with the proven suspensions, RTE and OME. As mentioned, you can buy a good OME kit from Lucky8 and feel the difference off road and on.

I want a 3in lift, then I want about 33in tires on 16x8in black steel and I want to stay with as close to stock offset as possible - I just don't like the look of them sticking out like a Jeep.

I am going to get the kit from Lucky8, he said he is making steel wheels now to for about $110 a piece but I think I am going to order the wheels from Trek instead for about $70per.

Thanks guys-

Quick Reply: Discovery II Complete Suspension Kit @ D.A.P.