Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discovery II warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 09:06 PM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discovery II warranty

hi

my disco has 62K miles on it with out any warranty . Can I purchase a warranty right now? Can any one suggest good one if it is possible?

thanks
kris

Old 03-01-2005, 03:59 AM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: Discovery II warranty

I am not an expert on warranties, but if they are like the UK ones, you will not be able to purchase one from Land Rover, as they have to run one after the other without a gap. Always worth a try though.

Over here you do get some companies who offer warranties, mainly garages use them when selling second hand cars. The only thing is they are quite expensive and normally exclude the most important bits. When you look at the warranties, it is worth checking out what they are actually offering. Sometimes you are better off just opening a savings account and putting in a regular amount of cash each month of the same value that the warranty would have cost.

Old 03-01-2005, 01:00 PM
2nd Gear

Kris,

I have an extended warranty with Warranty Direct (you can find it online) for my wife's Mercedes. They are priced relatively well compared with other extended warranty companies although beware that extended warranties can be expensive. I think I paid around $2600-2700 for a 100000 mile warranty (this was their top of the line bumper to bumper). Note these are total miles on the odometer, not miles you put on your vehicle after warranty purchase. They have been good so far with paying claims, etc. They've probably already paid enough out in claims on her car to pay for the premium I paid for the warranty. Whoever you choose, I'd make sure they are a reputable company that isn't going to disappear a year or two into your warranty. I wouldn't choose a shady company just because they have the best price. If I remember correctly there are some good websites that compare the different companies and their warranties (I don't remember the websites, but I'm sure you can find them on google). One other thing I've learned from personal experience is that some dealers that sell their own extended warranties (like our local Mercedes dealer) won't deal with an extended warranty that you buy from a third party dealer, which is complete BS. In other words if you buy a warranty from someone other than them they won't deal with that company which most extended warranty companies require. They'll fix your car, but only want to deal with you not your extended warranty company. At first I was extremely pissed but it has been a blessing in disguise since we found another repair shop owned by the dealer's former service manager that is much more efficient, friendly, and doesn't mind at all dealing with the third party warranty company. Hope this helps.

JG

Old 03-01-2005, 07:42 PM
8th Gear

Thanks a lot for the info. I could not able to see 2000 landrover on 'warrantydirect' site. I am in California. Any other company in bay area?

Old 06-01-2005, 01:46 PM
4wd Low

Try www.warrantybynet.com. I think you have to have a factory warranty still going with no gap. But give it a try, they were good to me for my 99 disco II. Cheap and good.

Old 06-02-2005, 01:38 AM
Mudding

You can also talk to your finance company and see if they offer something. I have my loan through Wells Fargo Financial, and they offer warranties through an affiliate company in some states.

It can't hurt to check. . .

Old 06-16-2005, 11:14 PM
8th Gear

thanks a lot guys. I dont have company warranty going on right now

Old 04-02-2020, 09:54 AM
4wd Low

There are many good companies out there. There are bad ones too. Sniff them out. Luxury vehicles should always go along with at least the consideration of a VSC, imo.I am a broker and an agency owner in the F&I industry and have access to various outlets. If you are looking for a warranty or VSC, email me your VIN, odometer and the most recent bill of sale date on your vehicle. I will get back to you with some quotes. All kinds of programs are available, from powertrain and comprehensive coverage, all the way up to manufacturer-like warranties and VSC's. Any vehicle qualifies - Doesn't matter if it's a Ford, a Chevy, a Mercedes AMG, a Mini Cooper, a Maserati, a classic Corvette, a Pontiac GTO and beyond, there are programs and plans for everybody. The vehicle does not have to be under any kind of coverage right now, I just ask that the vehicle has been taken care of.

Thanks - Greg at iwamservices@gmail.com