Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

do you think these sun roof drains were fixed before (see pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 04:41 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do you think these sun roof drains were fixed before (see pics)

I have a leak in one of my sunroof(s). I pulled the headliner today and everything looked to be in perfect shape. I even put the hose on the roof of the car for 5 minutes and COULD NOT find any leaking water inside. Frustrating. I pulled the drain hoses off and blew them out with compressed air. One drain did have a small amount of resistance compared to the others. The kicker is that I snapped 2 of the drain hose fittings trying to get the hoses off. I found some plastic tubing and permatex so I repaired them. These photos are BEFORE my repair. Do you think they have been repaired before? There was black RTV under there but Im not sure if they come this way from the factory. Thanks

ed

front and rear front ^

Rear ^. The brown permatex is my repair but check out all of the black silicon to the left. Is that factory?

Old 06-14-2018, 09:12 AM
TReK
Received 161 Likes on 136 Posts

The first photo is most definitely how the drains look when they come from the factory. In fact I removed a LH drain for a customer about an hour ago.

The second photo does not look like the way these drains are installed from the factory.