Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Entire Dash Cluster not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

SO what is not working? Dash lights or the gauges?

Old 03-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
SO what is not working? Dash lights or the gauges?
I believe it was the gauges.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

2 questions, when you tested the light green wire in pin 7 on c207 was the ignition on(in position2)?

also did you check the light green wire in pin 2 on c222 on the side of the cluster with the ignition on?

if so where did you ground your meter during these tests?

also the Light green wire from fuse 14 goes to your clock, pin 1 on c207, pin8 at c221 at the cluster, and maybe a few other items.

also I would check pin 5 on C208 at the fuse box this will tell you if the problem is in the fuse box.

Last edited by Rover Chris; 03-03-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All the other things on that fuse work fine...

the key was in position 2
Grounded on the ground point in the drivers side footpanel

I cut the wire and now have a switch to run 12 volts on it, works fine.

Eventually i'll have a switch for everything (already have one for all the lights in the car ) too lazy to actually find the issues, easier to rewire

And it seems like Rover Chris knows his stuff with electronics so if I have a question I think i'll direct it to the expert

Old 03-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I appreciate the gesture I love helping you guys out as I pretty much spend my days at home with nothing to do but babysit my girls! I own my own mobile install business (I come to you) but I don't try to pick up to much work unless we need the money.
I will agree it is often easier to run a new wire as long as it is fused (electrical fires are never fun )the only thing I would suggest is running it from the light green wire at the fuse box, that was the pin 5 at c208 this way you are actually just bypassing the break in the chain, no need for a switch!
as for the switch for the lights, wire a relay inline. my light switch didn't work when I bought the truck (go figure I bought it in the afternoon didn't even think about the lights!!!) now they are fine.

PS. if anyone ever needs help I am always happy to help and almost always available.

The following users liked this post:
pfulghum (09-19-2023)
Old 11-26-2016, 03:00 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The instrument cluster in the 2006 Land Rover Lr3 stops working after the carstared. The engine run with not light on the dashboard instrument. Any help here

Old 11-07-2018, 10:58 PM
1st Gear
Default Freelander 2 instrument cluster problem

Hi,
my instrument cluster is not working, gauges are not working, only immobiliser light is blinking. Please help.

Old 05-14-2019, 07:09 PM
1st Gear
Wink

I have the same problem with a one that am working on the back wiper also doesn’t work indicators and wiper work when ignition is of start it up and nothing works only things that light up on the clocks is the Srs light and the air suspension light witch the jeep no longer has it’s a 2004 discovery 2 I have change all fuses in both fuse boxes and still nothing could somebody help me out here please

Old 05-14-2019, 10:47 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 257 Likes on 214 Posts

The only time my cluster didn’t work when it was 10 degrees out and my battery wasn’t a happy camper. Check yer battery, clean all grounds and then go from there.

Old 05-16-2022, 09:00 PM
1st Gear
Default 2013 Evoque Electrical Issue

Question: I was installing a simple subwoofer and amp to my Evouque ( done hundreds of aftermarket upgrades). I grounded the amp to the rear left body, powered everything up, worked fine…car started, etc. Turned engine off, went to trunk to reposition the sub and the ground wire inadvertently pulled out of the ground terminal. Heard and saw a decent spark at the site of the ground wire/terminal and since then the vehicle will not start, nor will the instrument panel light up. The audio and display work fine, interior light flash in and out, doors open fine, tested battery and it’s is at 12v. I tested nearly every fuse and they all are fine. Checked main relays and they seem fine. Thoughts on what it could be? Help!! Lol 😆!

QUOTE=Rover Chris;105541]I appreciate the gesture I love helping you guys out as I pretty much spend my days at home with nothing to do but babysit my girls! I own my own mobile install business (I come to you) but I don't try to pick up to much work unless we need the money.
I will agree it is often easier to run a new wire as long as it is fused (electrical fires are never fun )the only thing I would suggest is running it from the light green wire at the fuse box, that was the pin 5 at c208 this way you are actually just bypassing the break in the chain, no need for a switch!
as for the switch for the lights, wire a relay inline. my light switch didn't work when I bought the truck (go figure I bought it in the afternoon didn't even think about the lights!!!) now they are fine.

PS. if anyone ever needs help I am always happy to help and almost always available.[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: Entire Dash Cluster not working