Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

escape gear disco 2 seat covers.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default escape gear disco 2 seat covers.

Anybody have any experience with the escape gear canvas seat covers from south Africa? I was thinking about getting a set. I would like something I can wash that still looks nice and will protect the leather.

Now getting money to them seems a bit tricky, but where there is a will, there is a way!

Old 04-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Do they have a web site?
If they take credit cards your bank will do the conversion, for a price.
But they will do it for you automatically, however since the USD is in the toilet and most banks charge a 10% fee to convert money you are probabaly not going to get a good price on the seat covers.
Cabella's has canvas seat covers for cheap, $30? each.
Do a search on the forum, someone bought and used them and they like them and they look really good.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:08 AM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can pay by credit card, but shipping will be a killer.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:41 AM
Winching

Escape Gear - Cotton & Waterproof canvas seat covers, South Africa

Actually, I had a knife made by a custom knife maker in South Africa. It was pretty easy to get money to him and shipping isn't too bad. We have an import agreement with SA and regular postal flights from there.

I have been in email contact with them and they gave me the bank to wire the money too. I'm trying to talk them into paypal or just doing a cc. I don't like the whole wire thing. They hit you with a pretty ugly service charge.

These covers are really nice and were reviewed very well in the UK. I saw a video of them taking a power sander to them and they held up. I'm going to ruin my leather seats if I don't put something on them. Between the dirt and the sweat, they'll never survive! ;-) They are still in great shape, but I have been tossing blankets and towels in them when I'm a mess. 123K and now they are starting to show their age, although no cracks or tears yet.

These covers look almost as good as the seats, if not better!

Old 04-12-2011, 09:58 AM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Was it a Kershaw knife by any chance, those are some nice pieces.
I was born in SA. Wiring money there is a pain in the butt, the wire fee is a fixed $25. Last time I checked they do not accept PayPal in SA because of their reserve bank restrictions, I don't know if it has changed in the last year. All major credit cards are readily accepted, but shied away from for foreign transactions because of fraud. CC fraud is rife there, to give you an example: about 4 years ago I ordered something from SA on my amex. Within a couple of days there were almost 10 fraudulent transactions on my card. So if you do use a CC then get one of those prepaid single use cards.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Winching

Good tip Bundu, thanks. It was from Burger Knives. Very nice work.

I might see if I can hunt down a UK or US distributor. They had Rovers North listed as a distributor, but I don't see them listed any more. The SA Rand has taken such a pounding I can get them pretty cheap (cheap being relative) direct, even with the shipping added in.