Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended warranty and other misc q's

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended warranty and other misc q's

hello everyone, I have an 02 se7 bonatti grey with only 45k miles on it. I bought it cert preowned in jan 06 and my warranty is due to expire nov 14th. Does anyone have an idea how what kind of warranties are available,how much they cost,and where I should go to by one. I really love my disco and plan on keeping it for a very long time. also my coinholder broke, the piece of plastic upper piece thatkeeps the metal spring on track broke off, would something like this be covered under warranty or does anyone know how to fix? one more thing, the eyebrows have faded really bad, where is the least expensive place to buy replacments. thanks to all for any help

Old 11-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: Extended warranty and other misc q's

No, your coin tray won't be covered under most extended warranties. Do your self a favor and buy a policy from the Rover dealer. Right now there are none of the good old carriers writing policys on Rovers. You will find a few after market companys writing coverage but you find it hard to get repairs paid for when needed.

Old 11-02-2007, 05:01 PM
Winching
Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

When my extended warranty expired on my 01 Disco, I got one through smartautowarranty.com. It was a 2 year/24K mile deal. It was$1700 and includes rental, towing and roadside asst. I got it because it covers head gaskets for coolant leaks up to 100K miles. I'm at 80K and crossing my fingers that the gaskets go before this thing expires!

Old 11-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Three Wheeling

As longa s you're still covered under CPO warranty you should be able to purchase anadditionalextended through through your Dealership. My underdtanding is it extends the same CPO coverage with the same deductible, but I haven't had to re-up mine yet. (2 yrs and 22K to go). I'd be curious to know how you make out.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:54 PM
Drifting

well so far not so good, i received a call from my local dealership stating its time for my 45k mile service and I asked them about extending my warranty, the advisor said he would call me back but never did. So i called him today and he says he still needs to find out if im able to extend my warranty. I have an 02 se7with 46k on it and i bought it certified preowned. he said my 45k service isnt covered by land rover because im not under "original factory warranty" i am under certified warranty. on top of that he also wants $350 for my 45k mile service and wont give me a straight answer about extending my warranty.
am i getting bs'd by this guy?

also i think i'm going to attempt to do the 45k mile service my self, im not mechanically inclined but am good at following directions and reading diagrams, can someone recommendme a book or rover manual i could use to learn this stuff. bottom line is i really love my rover and want to keep it, I have decided to not purchase any extended warranty and just go for it. I plan on a full detail, ceramic brake pads,bilstein shocks,45k service,maybe springs within the next 2 weeks. thanks for any advise

Old 11-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Mudding

The Service Advisor is not the person to talk to about extending your warranty. Call the dealership and ask to speak with the Finance Manager. I calledthree differentLRdealerships when shopping for my extended warranty, and each time I was directed to the Finance Manager.

Good Luck!

Old 11-14-2007, 08:12 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

I agree, the service manager has nothing to do with the extended warranty renewals.
As for the 45K, yes, do it yourself, all it is is a full inspection oil and filter and a new serpentine belt. Make sure to use the factory belt, it holds up better.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:53 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tdiddy

hello everyone, I have an 02 se7 bonatti grey with only 45k miles on it. I bought it cert preowned in jan 06 and my warranty is due to expire nov 14th. Does anyone have an idea how what kind of warranties are available,how much they cost,and where I should go to by one. I really love my disco and plan on keeping it for a very long time. also my coinholder broke, the piece of plastic upper piece thatkeeps the metal spring on track broke off, would something like this be covered under warranty or does anyone know how to fix? one more thing, the eyebrows have faded really bad, where is the least expensive place to buy replacments. thanks to all for any help
99% of all of the aftermarket warranty companies are complete garbage. They are in the business to make money off of you, not pay back any of what you give them up front. They jump through any/all hoops to deny a claim. Even something as small as a typo on the form that must be submitted by the mechanic will result in a refusal of the claim. Even better, you can only file for that one part on your claim once.

If you are thinking of spending up to $3k on one, do some research on ripoffreport.com for the company in question first.

You are much better off opening a "Land Rover saving account" and putting the $3k in that for upcoming repairs that you may require.

Been down the road with these so called companies and I wish I knew better when I was at the dealership being talked into dropping all the extra money for the "Covers everything" warranty that ended up causing me headaches and great frustration.

Just my $.02

Old 11-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Mudding

And since today is the last day of your exsisting policy, I wouldn't waste any time on the phone...typically you'll get the Finance Manager's voicemail and that person may not respond today. Just go down there and meet in person, you don't need to make an appointment, just show up. I think they get pretty good commissions on those warranties so they'll be happy to see you .

You may not be able to extend your existing warranty once it has expired so I'd jump on it if I were you.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Mudding

99% of all of the aftermarket warranty companies are complete garbage.
Unfortunately, this is probably the case. However, if he can qualify for a Land Rover Assured warranty he should not experience any problems with claims. I did a fair bit of multiple forum-board research and word-of-mouth testimonials, and for the most part the claims were honored, no questions asked. But outside of the LR backed extended warranties it's a shark pool out there.

Although I did get a quote from this broker http://www.rangerovers.net/rrwarrant...#autoadvantage: Read a few good reports of Hal at Auto Advantage. I probably would have went with him if I couldn't qualify for the LR Assured.

Quick Reply: Extended warranty and other misc q's